Chris Waddle

we are that fucking good at keeping the ball we are getting slagged of for it.....we defend at arsenal like villa today and called negative.......we can't win can we............

what made me laugh was johnson just attacked down the right flank and he said city keep playing through the centre all the time i thought what games he watching we went out wide all second half when johnson came on!

I wish there was a button on the remote to delete his voice, the bloke is a grade A dick.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
He's living in a bygone era with his comments about the full backs and their effect on wingers

He was correct.

I agree that he over criticised our team and at times enjoyed it,however,he made alot of valid points about our toothless one dimensional attack.
And Given the amount we have spent building this team then of course we are going to be fair game for the likes of him - if we provide the ammo.......

FantasyIreland said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
He's living in a bygone era with his comments about the full backs and their effect on wingers

He was correct.

I agree that he over criticised our team and at times enjoyed it,however,he made alot of valid points about our toothless one dimensional attack.
And Given the amount we have spent building this team then of course we are going to be fair game for the likes of him - if we provide the ammo.......

I would argue with anyone that he was not correct about the full backs.

The team is set up to play a system where what he referred to as 'wingers' are actually nothing of the sort.

Many, if not the majority, of Europe's top teams play this system, and the use of the full backs to provide width and encouraging them to get forward is central to it.

Granted, that aspect of the system has been a genuine weakness for City this season as the quality coming from the full back area has not matched the quality in other areas of the pitch.

However, for him to suggest that the problem is that the full backs push on too much and that the 'wingers' should be hugging the touchline instead, suggests that his thought on the game are a) one dimensional and b) living in the eighties.

He was talking absolute pish on that issue (in no small part influenced by his man crush on Adam Johnson - who happens to be a winger from the North East - not that that is Johnson's fault or should be held against him)

Geordie twunt who cant even take a pelanty!!!!!!!!!!!!! he can't even speak properly

LoveCity said:
Can you imagine living with him?

Never, ever, ever heard a commentator complain so much. If he wasn't complaining about us (repeating himself 100 times), he was complaining about Villa even though they were playing Park The Bus perfectly.

What a complete twat, must be a joy to live with! Prefer even Burley to him.

Couldn't agree more. Thought for most of the game he was more constructive with his criticism of Villa than he was with us, until about 70 mins when he started saying we needed more width.

waspish said:
we are that fucking good at keeping the ball we are getting slagged of for it.....we defend at arsenal like villa today and called negative.......we can't win can we............

THIS is what wound me up the most today... Villa were "well drilled" "well organised" "defensive heroes" etc

yet when we play similar AWAY we get slagged to death for such "negative" "boring" tactics

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
FantasyIreland said:
He was correct.

I would argue with anyone that he was not correct about the full backs.

The team is set up to play a system where what he referred to as 'wingers' are actually nothing of the sort.

Many, if not the majority, of Europe's top teams play this system, and the use of the full backs to provide width and encouraging them to get forward is central to it.

Granted, that aspect of the system has been a genuine weakness for City this season as the quality coming from the full back area has not matched the quality in other areas of the pitch.

However, for him to suggest that the problem is that the full backs push on too much and that the 'wingers' should be hugging the touchline instead, suggests that his thought on the game are a) one dimensional and b) living in the eighties.

He was talking absolute pish on that issue (in no small part influenced by his man crush on Adam Johnson - who happens to be a winger from the North East - not that that is Johnson's fault or should be held against him)

That system would work if our fullbacks were faster and our midfielders were up to the task of supporting the attack,the're not.Yaya,Barry and DJ lack creativity,mobility and pace(yaya moves great in straight lines...) we are far too predictable and pedestrian playing that team in that system.
Waddle recognised that and commented accordingly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.