Chris Waddle

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
blue_paul said:
Our full backs weren't creating the necssary width though were they?
We were too narrow all afternoon until Johnson got some ball out wide towards the latter stages. We know our full backs are effectively set up to play like wing backs but this isn't the success that it was supposed to be. We'd be best of trying to isolate Johnson against their full back and get balls across for Dzcko instead of trying to work it through the middle constantly.
Plenty of sides play with wingers successfully, just look at Spurs.
Anyway, I think some of players holding the ball for too long and the slow nature of our build up is a huge part of the problem.

I'm not suggesting that the full backs were doing the job required in that system - they haven't all season.

But his solution was to "tell the full backs to stay back" and that is so simplistic and one dimensional against well drilled teams that are found in modern football that it is ridiculous.

I am not arguing against a possible change of formation toward the middle part of the match, just his ridiculously simplistic and out of date "tell the full backs to stay back" nonsense.

No quality team plays 'with wingers' and expects the full backs to 'stay back'

He is living in the eighties where teams were not as well set up and full backs were regularly isolated against the opposition winger with little decent protection.

Good points and of course football has changed, Villa were set up very well with the two banks of four and we found it particularly hard to penetrate and seemed ultimately clueless at times. I suppose what I'm getting at is we need to properly utilise the wide areas and geting Johnson on the ball out there should be central to this. Kolarov is certainly better than Boateng at going forward but there's still huge improvements to be made if we're to stay with this system. Johnson is certainly wasted drifting inside all the time. Could be why Mancini doesn't seem to rate him as highly as others judging by his sporadic omission from the side.

He started having a go virtually from the off, has done similar in previous commentaries, his agenda is probably that he thinks the Sheikh should have ploughed his money into Newcastle and is therefore GUTTED.

I'm relieved others found his comments utter tosh. He contadicted himself everytime he opened his gob, he slated us none stop and his use of English is that of a 7 year old. How much did he get paid tonight? A complete tool who has the nerve to criticise other peoples heading ability!!! Wasn't he known as aeroflote cos he was crap in the air.

he really got on my wick today with his comments

he did seem to have an anti city agenda from the word go.......

nmc said:
I'm relieved others found his comments utter tosh. He contadicted himself everytime he opened his gob, he slated us none stop and his use of English is that of a 7 year old. How much did he get paid tonight? A complete tool who has the nerve to criticise other peoples heading ability!!! Wasn't he known as aeroflote cos he was crap in the air.
Trying too hard to offer some insight into the game and for a player who has played the game abroad he made the cardinal sin of criticising City for going through the middle instead of out wide. He should watch Barcalona and see how they play.

I'm still not sure, but I think Chris felt that Joe Hart dived to early for their goal. I'd need to hear him say it again though to be sure.

VOOMER said:
ChesterRdBlue said:
Oh for a "turn off commentary" option. I'm sick of having games ruined having to listen to other twats thoughts, I've got enough shit opinions of my own without listening to theirs.

Too true, typical case of a great footballer, who never had the iq, or balls to be a manager. Unlike the future generations who simply won't need to work as managers!
He was Manager at Burnley for a short time .... he failed there!

I don't mind most pundits, but Chris Waddle is terrible, absolutely terrible.

He just can't help repeating himself; must have said "They've run out of ideas" at least 5 times towards the end of the 2nd half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.