Christopher Walken

I'd also give props to Kevin Pollak for doing an impression of Walken that is not really an impression any more. Everybody tries to do Walken impressions, some of them good, because he's got such an odd pitch to his voice, and such an odd and arresting way of speaking. But Pollak simply inhabits Walken (unless it is Walken that inhabits him. Not sure).

He's an actor that, even in the bit parts, you look at him and you pretty much stop being interested in any of the other actors in the scene with him. He didn't have a big role in Catch Me If You Can, but it's crucial to understanding DiCaprio as the son. And the little time he's on screen, you don't even look at DiCaprio much. You want the camera to cut back to him.
I could mention a number of other “small” roles like that, along with the big ones that everyone knows. Completely holds his own against De Niro, of course.

Anyone seen the Dead Zone recently?

First time I saw Walken and he stood out then as being a brilliant actor, if a little different.
A rather queasy, but fine movie that.

My kids have discovered him through the Apple series Severance, so I'm thinking of watching this with them.

There was a suspition that Walken was involved in the death of Natalie Wood. He was never charged for anything in connection with her mysterious death aboard a boat in 1985. A lot of speculation though. Loads of info if you Google it!
The 3 of them (Walkden, Wagner and Wood and the captain went to the island off LA together. Three came back....
Suspicions were Walkden and Wood were an item, whilst Wagner and Wood were married, of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.