Chump's League Draw

Certainly a straightforward route for the reds, I think they'll be delighted but any suggestion that the draw is fixed to keep teams apart is frankly ludicrous.

tough draw but if your gona play barca then its better over two legs then in a one off game as away goals count , can see us scoring out there . we have pay back after the defeat in 2006 . gonna be a cracking couple of games i know thats for sure .
as for the rags is anyone that suprised ?

How do they manage, every time, to get the easy side of the draw?

As soon as the BBC updated the Quarter Final draw I said "Well, United's going to get Lyon v Bordeaux in the semi", and then they did, it's entirely predictable.

Nothing will convince me that these draws aren't, in some way, fixed/rigged to ensure the final is a showpiece event. Could you imagine the non-event it would bee if Lyon v Bordeaux had been drawn against CSKA Moscow v Bayern Munich on one side of the draw, none of those four sides is even remotely good enough to beat any of the other four. UEFA set these things out with TV revenues in mind.

ExiledGooner said:
tough draw but if your gona play barca then its better over two legs then in a one off game as away goals count , can see us scoring out there . we have pay back after the defeat in 2006 . gonna be a cracking couple of games i know thats for sure .
as for the rags is anyone that suprised ?

U on the right fans forum? ;)

Matty said:

As soon as the BBC updated the Quarter Final draw I said "Well, United's going to get Lyon v Bordeaux in the semi", and then they did, it's entirely predictable.

Nothing will convince me that these draws aren't, in some way, fixed/rigged to ensure the final is a showpiece event. Could you imagine the non-event it would bee if Lyon v Bordeaux had been drawn against CSKA Moscow v Bayern Munich on one side of the draw, none of those four sides is even remotely good enough to beat any of the other four. UEFA set these things out with TV revenues in mind.

Exactly, given the choice, Rags v Barca is a far better prospect for the advertisers than Bordeaux v CSKA

Matty said:

I think it's called the luck of the Irish.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.