City’s New Kits - 2020/21 - [Old Thread]

God those kits are pricey. With the authentic ones it could cost up to £166 to be a full kit wanker next season. I’m not sure I’ll bother - it’s a lot of money to sit in my living room !

Although i do not like this as a shirt design, I now realise what has been the inspiration behind the design ie the Man City Mosaics of players and entrance sign etc at Maine Road. done by a local artist and City fan. I think i owe an apology for describing it as a childish design and utter shite. Apologies for any offence i may have caused to the artist himself and the club. If i had a shirt designed after my own creations it would be a massive achievement. Sorry
Shut up you tart!

Although i do not like this as a shirt design, I now realise what has been the inspiration behind the design ie the Man City Mosaics of players and entrance sign etc at Maine Road. done by a local artist and City fan. I think i owe an apology for describing it as a childish design and utter shite. Apologies for any offence i may have caused to the artist himself and the club. If i had a shirt designed after my own creations it would be a massive achievement. Sorry
Not just City mate, all over Manchester n’all

https://www.manchestersfinest.com/arts-and-culture/mark-kennedy-manchester-mosaic-man-conversation/

I’m not bothered about the price. I barely ever buy any shirts. I’ve got two in my wardrobe (1989 maroon away and the Puma 125 YEARS).

Although if the Paisley one looks as good as the pics I may buy that one when it comes out - cool as fuck!

But I’m more bothered about how we look as a team on the pitch. Do the players look good representing us in a kit that looks sky blue, white and maybe with a touch of navy? Does it look like a City kit (unlike 2016-17)?

I think all the kits look smart from the pics I’ve seen for next season. I like all three for the first time, possibly ever.

And with a bit of a nod to Manchester rather than the Moon, I’m happy!

I've just ordered this for £15
3255e4ba9b406e588ca7894849632370.jpg
What is it?

I like the shirt but I think even those that don't should at least be glad Puma have tried to do something synonymous with Manchester and not just a generic template. I don't know what they were thinking with the purple stuff this season.

Umbro really successfully made kits that related to Manchester as a city and they made some of the best kits we've had (in my opinion). Even if some people feel Puma haven't got it right at least they've tried which is more than I can say for Nike. As other posters have said they also very publicly backed us over the UEFA ban so I've got a lot of good will towards them at the moment!

I like the shirt but I think even those that don't should at least be glad Puma have tried to do something synonymous with Manchester and not just a generic template. I don't know what they were thinking with the purple stuff this season.

Umbro really successfully made kits that related to Manchester as a city and they made some of the best kits we've had (in my opinion). Even if some people feel Puma haven't got it right at least they've tried which is more than I can say for Nike. As other posters have said they also very publicly backed us over the UEFA ban so I've got a lot of good will towards them at the moment!
I think the purple was just something to be as far away from the 125 YEARS kit as possible.

125: deep sky blue with white collar and cuffs
2019-20: traditional Cambridge blue with purple on the shoulders
= more chance people would buy both.

I don’t even mind it.

In our first 68 years as City we’d never had maroon on the turnovers of our socks and we’ve only had it for once season (2010-11) since 1972 - we’ve had maroon on our socks for just 8 of our 126 years. But many people think that’s our archetypal sock turnover colour.

I think the purple was just something to be as far away from the 125 YEARS kit as possible.

I don’t even mind it.

In our first 68 years as City we’d never had maroon on the turnovers of our socks and we’ve only had it for once season (2010-11) since 1972, but many people think that’s our archetypal sock turnover colour.

Yeah I get what you mean and the 125 kit is brilliant to be fair!

I love maroon and particularly that early 90's away shirt! If they'd put maroon on I'd have understood the logic. Purple just seemed a bizarre choice, to me anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.