City’s New Kits - 2020/21 - [Old Thread]

My son (11 yrs old) told me yesterday that if City win the league this season, it'll be the first time a team wearing Puma would lift the Premier League trophy ... apparently his PE teacher (who supports Derby) told him at start of season that its a fact that no team wearing Puma has ever won so City won't win this season.
You want to tell your son (11yrs old) to grow up and pay less attention to such nonsense and that it doesnt matter who designs the kit the players who win games play in. So long as its sky blue.

With white shorts

The last umbro away kit (96/97?) was pretty shit in my opinion, maroon/brown /white kind of mish mash .Noel Gallagher's wearing it on the front of Manchester City the greatest the greatest city book (think it's called that?).
The purple/orange one in the treble season wasn't too clever either!
Agree that we should stick to Black/Red 2nd kit and some kind of White 3rd kit.
Never understood having dark blue as a change strip as it still clashes with teams who play in.. blue!!! (the early 70s one with red/white stripe was very stylish though)

Never been much of a replica shirt buyer. But this Christmas I requested a City shirt and got all three versions. Love the blue mosaic, black bridge and white paisley designs. We are dressed for success!

That was actually by far the worst Umbro home kit of that era despite the classic moment it was involved in :)
Looking back at Umbro kits, personally I think the one we wore in 82/83 season was pretty smart (have seen a few people wearing it at games). That kit though (to me certainly) will always be associated with a certain last day of the season match with a very different outcome!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.