City’s New Kits - 2021/22

This third kit is an utter and complete atrocity. I collect shirts and actually don't mind a lot of the more out there designs that you will see on thirds (ours and others.)

But this is just completely stupid and incoherent from a design standpoint. You don't have to be Villa Talk's resident graphic designer to see that!

Vertically:
Man City
Etihad
Airways

All in different sizes and fonts. Ordinarily the sponsor design is fine but for some reason adding the "Man City" above it just blows it up. Club crest centered in place of that and maybe a little larger? Probably look good.

Oh well whatever. I'll probably still buy it because I always get all of ours and I guess I can't miss out on the ugliest one in a generation.
Hope you have a huge neck.

If it said Manchester City it would have looked at least ok.

Man City means nothing to me, I never say it nor type it (except in this sentence) so to me it looks like a cheap sports direct knock off.

I get it’s the brand and hope it does well for the non legacy fans but I can’t see it doing well.

Will be a classic win 20 years though.

*puts tin hat on*

I quite like it
And the "apparently" invisible watermark badges all over the front look well. To hell with the tin hat, haven't seen such "contravassy" since 'keepers were banned from handling a pass back.

Last edited:
Yeah Man City scans well in songs. But it's not our name and I don't think it should be on our shirts in place of the club badge.
Yeah Man City scans well in songs. But it's not our name and I don't think it should be on our shirts in place of the club badge.
I agree it shouldn’t be slung on our shirts in replacement of our club crest the idea is simply ridiculous, and whereas were Manchester City, we’re also known to thousands of us fans as simply City & Man City, if the words Man City were placed on the neckline of the kit or discreetly placed that’s not upsetting to me because we don’t often refer to ourselves casually as Manchester City, most of us Manc’s will say if somebody asks us who we support for instance we’ll say “City” or “Man City” Not our full name, but that being said having the words in giant capital letters slung on the front of the kit in place of our Crest but then about 30 crest’s interwoven into the actual shirts navy blue design, seems daft rather than just in its usual place prominently, what it all billies down to is Puma are lazy and unaccountable seemingly so can push out this generic monstrosity of a shirt that they’ve slung on Dortmund & AC Milan etc ive been told, i’m thinking does our club not get different focus groups of blues to show this to so they can give their opinions of it in constructive feedback, then they could make some obvious corrections to it and release a decent 3rd shirt, but they mustn’t ave done that at all or could they not be mithered so just released it regardless of our opinions?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.