City’s New Kits

Charlton 5-1 game I think, so Pat Harrington. 20 at the time :)
Seem to remember they had an injury crisis at Charlton for that game and thought changing socks to look likethe rags would help them....that last bit might have been some other team.

in order of acceptability

1st is passable
3rd is for a certain market monocrome.badges are wank though
2nd wrong and pointless, should have been maroon with white/cream trim not other way round, also we are either getting a 4th option maroon shorts or we are gonna be wearing black ones quite a bit, cannot see this being used bar everton/chelsea away

I played football at a decent level and one team i played for had red shirts and white shorts (i know … dont).
I still played out my skin.
I played for a team that wore Amber shirts/black shorts/amber socks… the bad thing was the shorts were ‘Admiral’ with a white utd’s badge printed on. I and a few non rags used to wear them inside out, until another lad brought a black indelible textile marker and we blacked them out.

But the majority of people in the stadium are over 20, so that's bound to the case.

At my daughter's football training this evening, 6 City shirts on show. Replicate that across thousands of junior football clubs. And not many of them are at the matches, it's an expensive gig for families, but they want the shirts still.
Kids will always want kits... they should be kept separate from any discussion tbh... and ultimately it's not them that buy the kit!
However I do question any data/suggestion that u20s are the biggest sales market for the home kit... I want to see the numbers/data.
It also needs pointing out that success plays more of a role in sales than anything else... if we win the CL this season, next season's shirts will sell incredibly – not because they're nice but because people will want it due to our success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.