City’s New Kits

At the risk of being permanently banned from the forum, I like the sky blue shorts.

Might be the only one, but I even liked this kit as a teenager.

View attachment 119086

I grew up late 70s and the first 3 kits I remember were all sky blue shorts, and I remember getting the 1985 (I think) home kit (Tony Grealish), which was super pale and had white shorts and feeling disappointed.

Of course over time that's changed and now white shorts seem much more normal, so the sky blue annoys some. I don't mind either tbh and dont really have a preference, but it is very strange that the short colour changes fairly often. I can't think of another top team who does that (I think Spurs sometimes do, but that's stretching the definition of 'top')...

Ps. Didn't like that kit in your pic though. :D

Seriously, wtf is that collar about. The shape of it, and that patch at the front, rather than the pattern or 0161. It's like your mum tried to fix a shirt you accidentally ripped, with an offcut from a similar coloured bit of fabric.

At the risk of being permanently banned from the forum, I like the sky blue shorts.

Might be the only one, but I even liked this kit as a teenager.

View attachment 119086

Each to their own, mate.

But I honestly hate the blue shorts on the same scale as I do Utd.

I just think when we have blue shorts it doesn’t look like ‘us’.

That whole kit you posted is probably one of, if not, worst home kits we’ve had.
That’s just my view though :-)

I grew up late 70s and the first 3 kits I remember were all sky blue shorts, and I remember getting the 1985 (I think) home kit (Tony Grealish), which was super pale and had white shorts and feeling disappointed.

Of course over time that's changed and now white shorts seem much more normal, so the sky blue annoys some. I don't mind either tbh and dont really have a preference, but it is very strange that the short colour changes fairly often. I can't think of another top team who does that (I think Spurs sometimes do, but that's stretching the definition of 'top')...

Ps. Didn't like that kit in your pic though. :D
Bayern completely change their kit every couple of years, sometimes all red, sometimes blue and red - this season the shirt is predominantly white. Also Barcelona switch from red to blue shorts and socks each season and also between stripes or half and half shirts. They even did hoops a few years ago.

Personally I like the fact there are various versions of our home kit. Far more interesting than the likes of Liverpool, Madrid etc.

Bayern completely change their kit every couple of years, sometimes all red, sometimes blue and red - this season the shirt is predominantly white. Also Barcelona switch from red to blue shorts and socks each season and also between stripes or half and half shirts. They even did hoops a few years ago.

Personally I like the fact there are various versions of our home kit. Far more interesting than the likes of Liverpool, Madrid etc.

Good points, especially about Bayern, some major changes there quite often.

What a load of shite:

“Manchester’s 0161 is more than an area code. It’s an accent, a swagger, a sense of what being Mancunian is all about – even if you aren’t Mancunian. This season, we thread 0161 through the trims of the 24/25 Home Kit and invite the world to wear it.”

View attachment 119088

tbf 0161 is a big thing in the music community and wider culture. I know plenty of people with 0161 tattoos purely because they're from MCR, nothing to do with music or even grime/rap.

It will still be one of the nicest kits in the league. I prefer white trim but dark blue is used every so often.

The fuzzy bit on the trim is a marketing gimmick but that’s the world we live in and quite why people get so worked up about things like that are beyond me. The club / manufacturer have to ring the changes every year and they have to market the product.

Overall the kit is a simple design and that is important for a City shirt, especially to those of us that grew up with the beautiful shirts from the late 60’s / early 70’s. They’ve just tinkered round the edges.

The kit design interests me but I buy a shirt about once every decade and only wear them at finals these days. I got last season’s treble winning beauty so I’m sorted for now.

So long as I see a City player lifting a trophy in the new shirt, I’ll be happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.