City’s New Kits

I'm one of those people I'm afraid. I'm a graphic designer and a self confessed geek when it comes to fonts and that is a fucking horror show!!!

Agree, and not all that surprised that he's come up with something crap.

People can argue his musical merits all they like, but he's clearly got some ability as a songwriter. Why that should mean he can design anything to do with a football kit though is beyond me. You wouldn't ask a graphic designer to write a song and expect it to be brilliant, so why do they think we'd be happy with this shit?

Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised looking at it if he just gave it his kids to do as a joke and something nice for them to be able to say they did.

People can argue his musical merits all they like, but he's clearly got some ability as a songwriter. Why that should mean he can design anything to do with a football kit though is beyond me. You wouldn't ask a graphic designer to write a song and expect it to be brilliant, so why do they think we'd be happy with this shit?

Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised looking at it if he just gave it his kids to do as a joke and something nice for them to be able to say they did.
Horror show ?

I like it !, it’s just my opinion,your both welcome to yours ,whether it be personal or professional,
But surley the point is that we just happen to have a world superstar who is a blue and happy to help out and as the hold point is to sell the bloody things world wide ,why pass up the opportunity?

Adults that can decide for themselves whether they want it or not. I've never had a printed shirt so couldn't care less.

And that's fine. All i said is that a Noel Gallagher collaboration is obviously aimed at adults and not children.

Horror show ?

I like it !, it’s just my opinion,your both welcome to yours ,whether it be personal or professional,
But surley the point is that we just happen to have a world superstar who is a blue and happy to help out and as the hold point is to sell the bloody things world wide ,why pass up the opportunity?

Yeah fair enough, I'm sure it'll raise attention that we may not have got otherwise in some quarters.

Personally, having heard he was 'designing a 4th kit', I was dreading what it would look like in some ways, so if that isn't happening and we're just wearing (I'll be polite here!) quirky numbers for some games, then maybe we've got off lightly!

Horror show ?

I think this is a very generous reading of Noel Gallagher's clout outside of a fairly narrow age group in the UK. If you like it then that's great and if City want to do something with him then that's up to them, but i very much doubt Noel Gallagher can do much to elevate City's global audience and I don't think it's an act of generosity on his part. It's extra exposure for Noel Gallagher if anything, not City.

I'm maybe coming at this with my work head on but those are my thoughts exactly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.