City’s New Kits

Agree, and not all that surprised that he's come up with something crap.

People can argue his musical merits all they like, but he's clearly got some ability as a songwriter. Why that should mean he can design anything to do with a football kit though is beyond me. You wouldn't ask a graphic designer to write a song and expect it to be brilliant, so why do they think we'd be happy with this shit?

Tbh, i wouldn't be surprised looking at it if he just gave it his kids to do as a joke and something nice for them to be able to say they did.
its literally just his handwriting, the handwriting that has written some of the best songs this country has produced is now on the back of the kits its not that bad

I think this is a very generous reading of Noel Gallagher's clout outside of a fairly narrow age group in the UK. If you like it then that's great and if City want to do something with him then that's up to them, but i very much doubt Noel Gallagher can do much to elevate City's global audience and I don't think it's an act of generosity on his part. It's extra exposure for Noel Gallagher if anything, not City.

Thought that myself after I'd responded. Almost nobody extra will buy a shirt just because the writing on the back is his design. Feels more like City pandering to his ego than anything we gain by it.

Thought that myself after I'd responded. Almost nobody extra will buy a shirt just because the writing on the back is his design. Feels more like City pandering to his ego than anything we gain by it.

It says it's on the cup shirts only, so not a big deal. A marketing job that's not going to impact many people. I would expect the youth would like it and want the style on their kits and others will stick to the standard font we'll see in the league. Not bothered personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.