City’s New Kits

Sniff
It's hardly a surprise. Not everyone has the disposable income, especially when the kids are asking for the new kit every year.

I refuse to use them for City and tend to just wait for Fanatics or Puma to have sales mid season.

But I don't blame anyone for doing so. The quality of fake shirts is better than its ever been, and the club has added £5 to the price for consecutive years which was already high enough.

There is absolutely no reason for £80 to be their price point outside of knowing we're the hot new trend for international bandwagon fans who switch clubs with the wind and buy jerseys to be part of the new cool thing.
my point is more down the line of if you can’t buy it then don’t buy a fake. I can understand getting one for a kid if times are really tough but there’s a lot of grown adults on here who don’t need it and want to show their support for the club by giving money to dodgy Chinese websites rather than the club. Modern day culture of entitlement means people have to get everything they want. My kids don’t have the kit yet they will get it when I can afford it. I remember getting kits for Christmas presents when I was younger and I loved it but these days everyone gets what they want straight away

Sniff

my point is more down the line of if you can’t buy it then don’t buy a fake. I can understand getting one for a kid if times are really tough but there’s a lot of grown adults on here who don’t need it and want to show their support for the club by giving money to dodgy Chinese websites rather than the club. Modern day culture of entitlement means people have to get everything they want. My kids don’t have the kit yet they will get it when I can afford it. I remember getting kits for Christmas presents when I was younger and I loved it but these days everyone gets what they want straight away

The prices of the plastic shirts clubs sell need to come down, supporting a club blindly by buying their shit isn't really being a supporter it's being a mug.

The shirts these websites sell are as good a quality as the club I have seen more than a few in the wild. I wear a retro shirt and wouldn't use a Chinese site but fair play to those who do.

Sniff

Understand the idea of waiting until Xmas, that used to always be a totally reasonable approach. Not saying it isn't now, but kits used to be used for 2-3 seasons, now everything is just for one. If you wait til Xmas, that's half the season gone.

Understand the idea of waiting until Xmas, that used to always be a totally reasonable approach. Not saying it isn't now, but kits used to be used for 2-3 seasons, now everything is just for one. If you wait til Xmas, that's half the season gone.

When I got a kit for Xmas it was always the same kit, the clubs today should be ashamed of themselves for fleecing fans for what is advertisement of their product.

Today it's only acceptable to buy from legitimate sweat shops.

When I got a kit for Xmas it was always the same kit, the clubs today should be ashamed of themselves for fleecing fans for what is advertisement of their product.

Today it's only acceptable to buy from legitimate sweat shops.

Greed from both the Premier league and the clubs is a big factor here. They should go back to using kits for a minium of two seasons and do like they used to, rotating bringing out either a new home shirt or an away shirt, but not both at the same time.

It's actually mental when you think about it, that most clubs bring out three new kits, every single season and charge astronomical prices for them. Sadly its not going to change for the better now.

You pay the price for the genuine article, same for a premium brand in selfridges etc or a high end watch. Adequate replicas are fakes simple as. Same people on here will be complaining when city don’t sell as many shirts as Liverpool or United or why we’re not number one on Deloitte when Madrid are top spot
Shit we'll lose the shirt cup then?

Is that the one awarded to nobody as shirt deals aren't struck on numbers sold?

It's a benefit for sponsorship that snides instantly increase visibility of their brands too.

There's no real losers here.

Sniff

Just maybe if city hadn't put a needless increase on my season card I'd buy one from them .
Just a thought ?

I wear the tracksuit tops to be honest but bloody buy 5 of each kit a bloody season these days! Tried a couple of the DH gate sites and the quality was shite and sizing weird so stick to the official kits and have to suck it up knowing the kids are happy.

Sniff

I also got the kits either for Christmas or birthday when I was a kid back in the 90s/early 2000s. I remember even back then my folks had a big row over the shorts my mum had bought me that were 20 quid. Nowadays it's every year, 3 or 4 kits a year and the prices of every item astronomical. If the option for a much, much cheaper, decent enough quality replica is out there there's literally no reason why lower income fans/families wouldn't go for it. Fans support the club by buying their legit merchandise? How about the clubs that are already loaded beyond belief support their fans by making their merch more affordable and accessible to more fans?
Your point about modern society and entitlement is a much broader issue that obviously stretches way beyond shirt sales and I take your point there. But keeping it to this subject, we're definitely opposed on it tbh. That's life.

Do clubs even care about the huge markets in fakes? They know that those Chinese purchases would never translate into official purchases because most of the people buying them haven't got the cash to buy the official product. The economics on the official stuff seem to work out for them anyway and the fake ones simply boost their overall brand identity in terms of volume of people you see wearing the clubs colours. The rate at which clubs churn out new shirts these days is both ludicrous and depressing. In many ways it abandons the concept of your team's 'colours' in favour of just chucking out over priced leisure wear.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.