City’s New Kits

I get people want to wear the shirt but the price is way beyond working class fans. Better of just paying for a City tattoo works out cheaper in the long run lol

I've bought about 10 shirts from China only had an issue with one of those. Those 10 shirts cost roughly the same as buying this seasons shirt.

There's also the problem of paying the official rip off price,and then after the first wash it gets a nasty pull or mark,and no one wants to wear it again.

I remember only 10 years or so,how the shirt price would.come.down as the season went on,i bought 2 black and red away tops for myself at easter and the monday night game.when we had to beat the rags for the title in 2012,the kompany goal, £5 , they used to.sell them for,now its £50 at the end of the season if you can get one,outragious.

There's also the problem of paying the official rip off price,and then after the first wash it gets a nasty pull or mark,and no one wants to wear it again.

I remember only 10 years or so,how the shirt price would.come.down as the season went on,i bought 2 black and red away tops for myself at easter and the monday night game.when we had to beat the rags for the title in 2012,the kompany goal, £5 , they used to.sell them for,now its £50 at the end of the season if you can get one,outragious.

The Puma 125 anniversary kits were a great example of that. Really nice design, but after a couple of wears it had pulls all over it and only got worse. It's in the back of the wardrobe now, I wouldn't wear it out.

The Puma 125 anniversary kits were a great example of that. Really nice design, but after a couple of wears it had pulls all over it and only got worse. It's in the back of the wardrobe now, I wouldn't wear it out.
Yep. If you coughed while wearing it, it'd pull a thread. I actually bought two of them, and I've never taken the second one out of the clear plastic bag it came in. It's probably still pulled, mind!

You pay the price for the genuine article, same for a premium brand in selfridges etc or a high end watch. Adequate replicas are fakes simple as. Same people on here will be complaining when city don’t sell as many shirts as Liverpool or United or why we’re not number one on Deloitte when Madrid are top spot
Do you think the people buying fakes are limited to City fans?

I'v got it,and paid full whack alas . It is a real thing of beauty mind .
Mine too got a big pull and I now won't wear it

Do clubs even care about the huge markets in fakes? They know that those Chinese purchases would never translate into official purchases because most of the people buying them haven't got the cash to buy the official product. The economics on the official stuff seem to work out for them anyway and the fake ones simply boost their overall brand identity in terms of volume of people you see wearing the clubs colours. The rate at which clubs churn out new shirts these days is both ludicrous and depressing. In many ways it abandons the concept of your team's 'colours' in favour of just chucking out over priced leisure wear.

It's exactly this. I used to work for one of the biggest bands in the world and rather than go after fans who were illegally downloading music like Metallica were, we would instead track the info on where in the world we were being being illegally downloaded most and then use that data to plan where to tour etc.

It's exactly this. I used to work for one of the biggest bands in the world and rather than go after fans who were illegally downloading music like Metallica were, we would instead track the info on where in the world we were being being illegally downloaded most and then use that data to plan where to tour etc.

S Club 7?

Bucks Fizz?

Do clubs even care about the huge markets in fakes? They know that those Chinese purchases would never translate into official purchases because most of the people buying them haven't got the cash to buy the official product. The economics on the official stuff seem to work out for them anyway and the fake ones simply boost their overall brand identity in terms of volume of people you see wearing the clubs colours. The rate at which clubs churn out new shirts these days is both ludicrous and depressing. In many ways it abandons the concept of your team's 'colours' in favour of just chucking out over priced leisure wear.
Not sure about City or any football/sports club , but am pretty sure all the manufacturers do as they all have anti piracy teams .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.