City’s New Kits

Having sky socks is okay but it’s just too generic for me, could be any old team who wear sky blue from Coventry to Celta. It’s not special or individual enough.

The contrast of colours of sky-white-navy makes the kit unique to us. You look at those colours and immediately think “Manchester City”.

It’s one of the very few things I admire about United. They haven’t felt the need to change their black socks to red just to make it the same colour of the shirts and look like any other generic red team from Barnsley to Spartak Moscow. For most of their history they’ve kept with their traditional OG colours they were founded wearing. I wish we’d done the same.

It’s why I think of United whenever I see City in black and red stripes (or chessboard, sash or pin stripes on white). They’re United’s colours and we shouldn’t wear them.

I didn't like the laser blue (and I think the colour of our seats at the Etihad are wrong and should be lighter instead of that laser blue colour), and I don’t like us in sky shorts like this season either. I’m very strong on keeping OG traditions. And even if we do change to sky socks or white socks from time-to-time just to mix it up a bit, I think we should wear navy socks most of the time as they are supposed to be our colours.

Navy co-ordinates with sky perfectly. That’s why we have it as our collar/cuffs/sponsors/numbers so often.
I agree with everything you said except the last paragraph.

To me sky blue and navy screams Coventry City and personally I think it doesn’t look smart together and I prefer white on the sponsor even with the new kit.

While you are absolutely correct about our traditional colours I think because we have moved away from navy socks so many times now I don’t think many people do identify that combination as City anymore.

Im definitely with you that they should decide our home colours and never change. Mess around with the away and third but never the home for the reasons you mention. But given that we have changed so many times already if I had to choose a permanent combo now it would be sky blue socks purely on the way it looks.

That said if I had to choose between the traditional navy that never changed and sky blue that rotates that would be difficult as tradition and identity is very important to me too.

Anyone that pays full price for a City shirt needs their head testing. The fakes you can get online haven’t got any defects, they’re pretty much the real thing for fraction of the cost. Football shirts are just another thing for clubs to rip you off with.
Fakes Made by kids to make money for unscrupulous employers.

Like the shirt, reminds me of days past

Attachments

• 20220429_103353.jpg
    20220429_103353.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 144
Still one of the cheapest tickets for the best football. We are NOT funded by our owners - only the media keep telling you that. We have to be self sufficient.
I don't see any other club putting prices up on the back of a pandemic and spiraling cost of living .also factor in the people who defered last year will either renew or after 2 seasons without attending will sack it off .£10 a year makes no difference what so ever to city ,but on the year end total they can say we increased match day income box ticked

We already had that for purchase:

0_David-SilvaJPG.jpg

*swoon*

And here:
View attachment 41722

Our club colours are supposed to be sky shirts, white shorts, navy socks.

That’s what we were founded as a club wearing. That’s been by far the biggest colour combination in our history. For 70 of our 128 years sky-white-navy have been our colours, the next closest of sky-white-sky being only 50 years (surprisingly, we’ve only had sky socks with maroon turnovers for 6 years of our history).

I don’t like how we’ve turned away from our core colour combination.

Club colours are from the masons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.