City’s New Kits

I agree with everything you said except the last paragraph.

To me sky blue and navy screams Coventry City and personally I think it doesn’t look smart together and I prefer white on the sponsor even with the new kit.

While you are absolutely correct about our traditional colours I think because we have moved away from navy socks so many times now I don’t think many people do identify that combination as City anymore.

Im definitely with you that they should decide our home colours and never change. Mess around with the away and third but never the home for the reasons you mention. But given that we have changed so many times already if I had to choose a permanent combo now it would be sky blue socks purely on the way it looks.

That said if I had to choose between the traditional navy that never changed and sky blue that rotates that would be difficult as tradition and identity is very important to me too.
It’s funny because I don’t think Coventry have ever worn navy blue socks in their entire history.

Yet they’ve worn sky blue shirts, shorts and socks for the majority of the modern era and that’s what they’re most associated with.

And it’s the kit we’re wearing this season! We look more like Coventry than City this season.

We should wear navy socks to differentiate ourselves from Coventry.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is unmistakably Manchester City, it couldn’t possibly be associated with any other team.

It’s funny because I don’t think Coventry have ever worn navy blue socks in their entire history.

Yet they’ve worn sky blue shirts, shorts and socks for the majority of the modern era and that’s what they’re most associated with.

And it’s the kit we’re wearing this season! We look more like Coventry than City this season.

We should wear navy socks to differentiate ourselves from Coventry.

Sky blue shirts, white shorts and navy socks is unmistakably Manchester City, it couldn’t possibly be associated with any other team.
I don’t mean specifically the socks it’s just that if I see sky blue and navy I think Coventry. If I see sky blue and white, with or without maroon trim, I think Manchester City. Shorts should always be white. I get your point though.

I just don't get the love in for the full on navy socks, it looks weird.
Not sure anyone likes them because they look good. Seems the main reasons are nobody else wears them and they were in our first kit. Personally I just prefer socks that look like they are part of the kit, not borrowed.

Not sure anyone likes them because they look good. Seems the main reasons are nobody else wears them and they were in our first kit. Personally I just prefer socks that look like they are part of the kit, not borrowed.
Not just that it was in our first kit, that it’s been in the majority of our kits since we existed. Far more than any other colour.

They are Manchester City’s colours, it’s far more important to respect our history and identity than just pandering to people who like things to be matchy matchy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.