City’s New Kits

Not just that it was in our first kit, that it’s been in the majority of our kits since we existed. Far more than any other colour.

They are Manchester City’s colours, it’s far more important to respect our history and identity than just pandering to people who like things to be matchy matchy.

But how often have we had them in recent history? What % of the kits this century have had navy socks?

Feels like very few.

But how often have we had them in recent history? What % of the kits this century have had navy socks?

Feels like very few.
Very few. Which is why I moan about it every year when the new kits come out that we haven’t got them, again.

We had full navy socks on the 1999-2001 kit and the 2018-19 kit (3 years), navy hoops on the 2001-2003 kit (2 years), and navy turnovers on the 2014-15 kit.

So just 6 years out of 23, but only 2 years in the last 19. Not enough for our OG colours. Disappoints me, I think original traditions should be important to clubs.

Very few. Which is why I moan about it every year when the new kits come out that we haven’t got them, again.

We had full navy socks on the 1999-2001 kit and the 2018-19 kit (3 years), navy hoops on the 2001-2003 kit (2 years), and navy turnovers on the 2014-15 kit.

So just 6 years out of 23, but only 2 years in the last 19. Not enough for our OG colours. Disappoints me, I think original traditions should be important to clubs.

Sounds deliberate then, for whatever reason.

I always think when a player is looking down at the ball it can help stand out in the peripheral vision if the teammates socks are fairly bright. I mean, I'm talking helping by about 0.0001%, but maybe worthwhile!

I wish we knew the club/kit makers reasoning though (I'm sure it won't be anything practical).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.