City 1968 v City 2023

Impossible comparison. But seeing as todays squad is selected from a substantially larger pool of talent my bet would be on the present lads.

As per thread title'

The City team that thrashed Real Madrid v The wonderful 1968 All English championship winning side,

Dowd/Mulhearn, Book, Pardoe, Doyle, Big George Heslop, Oakes, Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Young, Coleman, sub Connor.

90 minutes.

What would the score be?
A real hammering for the '68 team.

I think even if they were/had trained, fitness, boots etc of our current squad they'd still be hammered I first started going towards the end of 70/71 so I do remember the 'classic' team.

Being trained as we are now I'd suggest King Colin would have had some game time from the bench with maybe Doyle & Buzzer in the squad and that's it.

A real hammering for the '68 team.

I think even if they were/had trained, fitness, boots etc of our current squad they'd still be hammered I first started going towards the end of 70/71 so I do remember the 'classic' team.

Being trained as we are now I'd suggest King Colin would have had some game time from the bench with maybe Doyle & Buzzer in the squad and that's it.
Colin Bell's name would be first on the team sheet, along with Haaland and KDB :)

We won the league in 68 in a 42 game season winning 26, drawing 6 and losing 10.
That would translate into 84 points today in a 42 game season.
It doesn't even compare.

Kyle Walker v Tony Coleman.....

Kyle would break the speed record for flying into the advertising boards the first time he tried to run past TC.

Football is different nowadays. Not as much competition as in the past, and pitches aren't as physically demanding. On a 'level playing field' I'd put my money on a boring 0-0.

Joe Mercer's teams will always be my favourite City teams, but 2023 Manchester City is, very very easily, the best football team I have ever seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.