City & adidas

That NYC kit was a belter. The kit deal in the MLS is different however, as the league sign a contract with a supplier, rather than each team finding their own kit supplier. So Adidas make the kits for all MLS teams due to the centralised contract.
Yeah; I had heard that before. I'd still like to see us with them though!

I think most of our puma kits have been very good, this seasons home is superb, as is the away, last seasons home was an all time classic, all about opinions tho pal ;)
I reckon most have been hideous with puma apart from last seasons home lol, I quite like Adidas kits designs tbh.

Afternoon all,

I know City wore adidas training wear in the 70's as they were sponsored by Umbro who had the right to distrubute their gear in the UK at that time, even weariing trefoil hoodies as the players entered the Wembley pitch in the '76 League Cup Final. I was wondering though... Have we ever come close to a full sponsorship with them does anyone know?

I found some interesting design concepts online of what we could of ended up with had we...

1995-96:
View attachment 96110

1989-92:
View attachment 96111
2010's:
View attachment 96112

not gonna lie, i really like that!

I like Adidas stuff generally, but with the football shirts I honestly couldn't give a shit. They all end up looking the same with someone moaning about them anyway, as each manufacturer tries to put their spin on what is effectively a plain blue shirt (or doesn't even bother and give you the same shirt as every other team). And they'll all made to a shit standard nowadays. Every one I've ever had has had a pulled thread within a couple of goes in the washing machine. I even had a Morocco shirt (Adidas) that was so bad part of the badge fell off the first time I washed it. I remember trying to do a bit of sport in one once and it was the least breathable thing in my closet. I might as well have worn a plastic bag.

There's no justifying this shit though...

0_JS242871488.jpg

That alone should have seen the designer never work again.
Love that shirt, bold and different

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.