City & adidas

Bring back Umbro. Never been the same since we sacked them.
I remember folk on here complaining about the kits Umbro foisted on us in their last couple of years. If they knew then what they know now (about the vast majority of kits Nike and Puma have served up), they wouldn't be so quick to complain. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I remember folk on here complaining about the kits Umbro foisted on us in their last couple of years. If they knew then what they know now (about the vast majority of kits Nike and Puma have served up), they wouldn't be so quick to complain. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
Or, to use another saying; be careful what you wish for, you may end up getting it!

If that happened these days, the kit supplier would be up in arms at the sight of a sub wearing a rival company's gear!
Kit manufacturers started to get a lot more possessive in the 90s when kit deals began to increase in value considerably. I remember when Joe Royle had his hip replacement while he was City manager and he was pictured recuperating at home in a pair of Nike shorts. Apparently Kappa weren’t too impressed and the commercial department at City had to have a quiet word with Joe to ensure there was no repeat.
Obviously now things have moved to a completely different level now and the amounts of money involved are truly bonkers.

There's no justifying this shit though...

0_JS242871488.jpg

That alone should have seen the designer never work again.
"Okay, we want a shirt that just says "Man City", you know? Like one look and you think "that shirt says 'Man City' to me!"

"No problems boss, I got just the idea!"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.