City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

Jumanji said:
I think some supporters have been so desperate for someone to come in that any name will appease them at this point.
A young, talented player will appease most.

FantasyIreland said:
A little something for the Marwood bashers......
---------------------------------------------
19th June 2011

By Steve Millar and Tony Stenson

MAN CITY and Spurs are battling Man United for the signature of Everton and England starlet Jack Rodwell.

Roberto Mancini sent scouts to Denmark to watch the midfield schemer, 20, in action against Spain and has been told Rodwell would be a sound investment at £25million.Spurs boss Harry Redknapp also jetted to Denmark to run a personal check on Rodwell, who played for the last half-hour of the 1-1 draw with the Spaniards.

Rodwell has been a long-term Man United target but Redknapp is trying to muster a young side capable of going for the title.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already spent £32m on Phil Jones and Ashley Young, with a further £18m earmarked to bring Atletico Madrid keeper David de Gea as a replacement for the retired Edwin van der Sar. But Eastlands will be the main threat to Fergie’s Rodwell hopes.

Mancini is a long-time admirer and approached Goodison boss David Moyes last season to enquire about his availability.The Italian was given short shrift as Moyes was determined to keep his young star

Correct me if i am wrong but are you saying we should be happy because we got a player the rags were also interested in ?

We'll need good solid midfielders to carry us through a long campaign. Not a world beater but another decent player at about the right market price

VOOMER said:
adrianr said:
I don't understand pretty much any single part of this entire deal. If we've paid more than 10m we've been completely mugged, and frankly even at 10m he's taking up a squad space for someone who isn't always injured and may actually be a good footballer.

Regarding injuries, look at Cesc at Barca. He was reguarly on the injured list at the gooners, because they rushed him back, again and again. With better treatement (which Rodwell will get here) and a less desperate nature to play him ( which also be the same for Rodwell), he has gone an entire season with out injury. Everton have had one of the smallest squads for nearly a decade, which has meant, in Rodwell's case he has been rushed back way to soon on several occasions. Shit, even Hargreaves stayed clear of the physio room at Carrington!

I hope you're right mate, and I suppose he does have age heavily on his side. Very, very skeptical though, I doubt we'll see anything noteworthy from him for at least a season and really this is the season we needed to push on with the likes of De Rossi to really kick everyone whilst they were down.

i♥city! said:
FantasyIreland said:
A little something for the Marwood bashers......
---------------------------------------------
19th June 2011

By Steve Millar and Tony Stenson

MAN CITY and Spurs are battling Man United for the signature of Everton and England starlet Jack Rodwell.

Roberto Mancini sent scouts to Denmark to watch the midfield schemer, 20, in action against Spain and has been told Rodwell would be a sound investment at £25million.Spurs boss Harry Redknapp also jetted to Denmark to run a personal check on Rodwell, who played for the last half-hour of the 1-1 draw with the Spaniards.

Rodwell has been a long-term Man United target but Redknapp is trying to muster a young side capable of going for the title.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already spent £32m on Phil Jones and Ashley Young, with a further £18m earmarked to bring Atletico Madrid keeper David de Gea as a replacement for the retired Edwin van der Sar. But Eastlands will be the main threat to Fergie’s Rodwell hopes.

Mancini is a long-time admirer and approached Goodison boss David Moyes last season to enquire about his availability.The Italian was given short shrift as Moyes was determined to keep his young star

Correct me if i am wrong but are you saying we should be happy because we got a player the rags were also interested in ?
He's highlighting that Macini wanted to sign him before Marwood was here.

Perhaps it was too subtle for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.