City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

Jumanji said:
I think some supporters have been so desperate for someone to come in that any name will appease them at this point.

Im sur Mancini said in a recent interview that there would be 1 or 2 young signing for the future. So Rodwell, maybe fits that bill.....with the big guns still to come

Jumanji said:
pudge said:
Jumanji said:
I think some supporters have been so desperate for someone to come in that any name will appease them at this point.
A young, talented player will appease most.
At what exactly?
Ah yes, you know better than Mancini who has been watching him for a year.

Are you on your period or something in this thread?

VOOMER said:
adrianr said:
I don't understand pretty much any single part of this entire deal. If we've paid more than 10m we've been completely mugged, and frankly even at 10m he's taking up a squad space for someone who isn't always injured and may actually be a good footballer.

Regarding injuries, look at Cesc at Barca. He was reguarly on the injured list at the gooners, because they rushed him back, again and again. With better treatement (which Rodwell will get here) and a less desperate nature to play him ( which also be the same for Rodwell), he has gone an entire season with out injury. Everton have had one of the smallest squads for nearly a decade, which has meant, in Rodwell's case he has been rushed back way to soon on several occasions. Shit, even Hargreaves stayed clear of the physio room at Carrington!

Totally agree.

His market value is around 12 million pounds,,,,I will be shocked if we have paid more than that......anyone know on what wages he will be on?

rastus said:
Jumanji said:

Im sur Mancini said in a recent interview that there would be 1 or 2 young signing for the future. So Rodwell, maybe fits that bill.....with the big guns still to come
What is everyones thing with buying big names

We have 15 hugely talented players many, 4 of them world class strikers, 3 world class midfilders 1 world class center back and a world class keeper how do we sign more big name players and keep them all happy.

Bringing in yougsters to learn off these players in there prime is a good idea<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:31 pm --<br /><br />
Cityinmyheart said:
His market value is around 12 million pounds,,,,I will be shocked if we have paid more than that......anyone know on what wages he will be on?

£200,000 a week standard

Jumanji said:
pudge said:
Jumanji said:
At what exactly?
Playing football.
Nice smartass answer. Now, would you elaborate, please?
It's not a smartass answer, it's a correct, factual statement.

Surely the great Jumanji has spent hours and hours watching Everton games and compiling a detailed folder of information on Rodwell, no?

That's a first..

If we were signing a 21 year old, £20 million, foreign player that was unheard of to most, I'm sure you of all people would cream themselves.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
rastus said:
Jumanji said:

We have 15 hugely talented players many, 4 of them world class strikers, 3 world class midfilders 1 world class center back and a world class keeper how do we sign more big name players and keep them all happy.

Bringing in yougsters to learn off these players in there prime is a good idea

-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:31 pm --

Cityinmyheart said:

£200,000 a week standard

You've got to be kidding, surely £250k per week? he's only come for the money you know. utd were after him but we offered 10 times the wages.....

BoyBlue_1985 said:
rastus said:
Jumanji said:

Bringing in yougsters to learn off these players in there prime is a good idea
I think that there is an area/areas which we can improve and replace, therefore that will have to be a big name as opposed to young/ unproven/ with potential investments for the future

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.