City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

i♥city! said:
FantasyIreland said:
A little something for the Marwood bashers......
---------------------------------------------
19th June 2011

By Steve Millar and Tony Stenson

MAN CITY and Spurs are battling Man United for the signature of Everton and England starlet Jack Rodwell.

Roberto Mancini sent scouts to Denmark to watch the midfield schemer, 20, in action against Spain and has been told Rodwell would be a sound investment at £25million.Spurs boss Harry Redknapp also jetted to Denmark to run a personal check on Rodwell, who played for the last half-hour of the 1-1 draw with the Spaniards.

Rodwell has been a long-term Man United target but Redknapp is trying to muster a young side capable of going for the title.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already spent £32m on Phil Jones and Ashley Young, with a further £18m earmarked to bring Atletico Madrid keeper David de Gea as a replacement for the retired Edwin van der Sar. But Eastlands will be the main threat to Fergie’s Rodwell hopes.

Mancini is a long-time admirer and approached Goodison boss David Moyes last season to enquire about his availability.The Italian was given short shrift as Moyes was determined to keep his young star

Correct me if i am wrong but are you saying we should be happy because we got a player the rags were also interested in ?
Daily Star - True Stories lol

Jumanji said:
SWP's back said:
Jumanji said:
At what exactly?
Ah yes, you know better than Mancini who has been watching him for a year.

Are you on your period or something in this thread?
Right. I don't like a particular transfer, so I must know more than Mancini. Sound logic.

When did Mancini tell you he watched him for a year? Sounds like another board signing to me.
A simple yes would have done.

So, think about this. We fill out our English quota, at a premium for sure, but with a player who can play two positions.

Now, rags were going for Baines, who has played much better than the leaky Evra recently. Worst case, Fellaini to rags is still a possibility. I've seen Everton fans who say they needed to sell a player, and we've paid enough money so that they don't need to sell Baines or Fellaini.

Is this a strategy?

CityCTID said:
i♥city! said:
FantasyIreland said:
A little something for the Marwood bashers......
---------------------------------------------
19th June 2011

By Steve Millar and Tony Stenson

MAN CITY and Spurs are battling Man United for the signature of Everton and England starlet Jack Rodwell.

Roberto Mancini sent scouts to Denmark to watch the midfield schemer, 20, in action against Spain and has been told Rodwell would be a sound investment at £25million.Spurs boss Harry Redknapp also jetted to Denmark to run a personal check on Rodwell, who played for the last half-hour of the 1-1 draw with the Spaniards.

Rodwell has been a long-term Man United target but Redknapp is trying to muster a young side capable of going for the title.

Sir Alex Ferguson has already spent £32m on Phil Jones and Ashley Young, with a further £18m earmarked to bring Atletico Madrid keeper David de Gea as a replacement for the retired Edwin van der Sar. But Eastlands will be the main threat to Fergie’s Rodwell hopes.

Mancini is a long-time admirer and approached Goodison boss David Moyes last season to enquire about his availability.The Italian was given short shrift as Moyes was determined to keep his young star

Correct me if i am wrong but are you saying we should be happy because we got a player the rags were also interested in ?
Daily Star - True Stories lol
Isn't that the same paper with that Mancini Rodwell quote in 2010.

That paper is notorious for fake quotes. Almost certain they've been sued before (or at least threatened)...Dunno...<br /><br />-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am --<br /><br />
Blue Haze said:
So, think about this. We fill out our English quota, at a premium for sure, but with a player who can play two positions.

Now, rags were going for Baines, who has played much better than the leaky Evra recently. Worst case, Fellaini to rags is still a possibility. I've seen Everton fans who say they needed to sell a player, and we've paid enough money so that they don't need to sell Baines or Fellaini.

Is this a strategy?
Wow, now that is an interesting thought.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/discussion/10202/rodwell-bid-accepted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/discussi ... d-accepted</a>

I have to say, the Toffees all seem fairly happy with the transfer, which is usually not a good sign. Most state he wasn't good enough for their side even when fit.

That said, I hope he proves them wrong and grows into any role given.

Jumanji said:
pudge said:
1. So it became his go-to line 2 years ago?

2. Bobby wants to sign Rodwell, you don't like Rodwell.

3. Sucks to be you.
1. Irrelevant.

2. I've never met Mr. Rodwell personally.

3. I know.
How is it irrelevant if you were the one to bring it up?

You clearly do not rate him as a player yet I doubt you watch him regularly.

bluefandk said:
So am I the only one who is glad that we have signed this lad?

Young english and imo good value at 12 million.

Why are people moaning?

Because we don't really know if it's 12mil, 15 mil, or 20 mil.

SebastianBlue said:
http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/discussion/10202/rodwell-bid-accepted

I have to say, the Toffees all seem fairly happy with the transfer, which is usually not a good sign. Most state he wasn't good enough for their side even when fit.

That said, I hope he proves them wrong and grows into any role given.

Most people who support Everton thinks Gollum is a good maneger, tells you everything you need to know about their football knowledge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.