City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

I would hve taken fellaini tbh him and yaya means midfield domination

But i will trust mancini and see how he develops.

pudge said:
You clearly do not rate him as a player yet I doubt you watch him regularly.
Of course I don't watch him regularly, the fucker's always injured. bwahaha

Andouble said:
bluefandk said:
So am I the only one who is glad that we have signed this lad?

Young english and imo good value at 12 million.

Why are people moaning?

Because we don't really know if it's 12mil, 15 mil, or 20 mil.

So you dont know anything yet choose to moan?

The media reports I have read quote a price of 12 million plus 3 million in ad ons maybe they are wrong but based on those numbers its a good deal imo.

Andouble said:
bluefandk said:
So am I the only one who is glad that we have signed this lad?

Young english and imo good value at 12 million.

Why are people moaning?

Because we don't really know if it's 12mil, 15 mil, or 20 mil.
Or 5, 7 or 10

So why moan? Is it your money?

Blue Haze said:
So, think about this. We fill out our English quota, at a premium for sure, but with a player who can play two positions.

Now, rags were going for Baines, who has played much better than the leaky Evra recently. Worst case, Fellaini to rags is still a possibility. I've seen Everton fans who say they needed to sell a player, and we've paid enough money so that they don't need to sell Baines or Fellaini.

Is this a strategy?

Please no Fellaini to rags......I think if there was a strategy we should have signed him

pudge said:
Jumanji said:
pudge said:
Playing football.
Nice smartass answer. Now, would you elaborate, please?
It's not a smartass answer, it's a correct, factual statement.

Surely the great Jumanji has spent hours and hours watching Everton games and compiling a detailed folder of information on Rodwell, no?

That's a first..

If we were signing a 21 year old, £20 million, foreign player that was unheard of to most, I'm sure you of all people would cream themselves.

If we were signing a 21 year old, £20 million, foreign player that was unheard of to most, I'm sure you of all people would cream themselves.

this applies to so many posters on here. Unless the signining is a 'bomb' or some cool and exotic sounding foreigner the toys come out the prams.

Rodwell has been highly thought of within the game for years, captaining England at U16 to u19 level and collecting 20 or so U21 caps. He broke into the senior squad last year with 2 appearances. The likes of Utd and Chelsea have been watching him for years.

He clearly fulfils the defensive midfielder-cum-centre back cover we clearly need. No he isn't De Rossi or Martinez but for me he is more than good enough to do those roles for us when required. He also cost a lot less than either of those 2 would. He's english and knows the demands of the premiership.

People on here use the term 'potential' (see Hazard , Moura Martinez and other threads) a lot. Well if you want potential his kid is the absolute definition of potential.

A shrewd and thoughtful acquisition imho.

bluefandk said:
SebastianBlue said:
http://www.evertonfc.com/forum/discussion/10202/rodwell-bid-accepted

I have to say, the Toffees all seem fairly happy with the transfer, which is usually not a good sign. Most state he wasn't good enough for their side even when fit.

That said, I hope he proves them wrong and grows into any role given.

Most people who support Everton thinks Gollum is a good maneger, tells you everything you need to know about their football knowledge.

That is frightening, I agree, but this is a bit different. Either the club that has trained him from young age is wrong or the club that has scouted from the outside-looking-in is wrong about his potential. Usually (not always) it is the latter.

But, as I said, I hope he turns out to be a great player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.