City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

In a fully fit Everton squad he would not be picked, he'd be on the bench, well behind Fellaini and even Darren Gibson, if Everton get anything like the rumoured £20m it will be regarded as a bigger steal than getting £24m for Lescott who was worth about £10m .

We have to be aware of the home grown policy, cannot only sign foreign born players. Great potential, very good signing.

arthur said:
In a fully fit Everton squad he would not be picked, he'd be on the bench, well behind Fellaini and even Darren Gibson, if Everton get anything like the rumoured £20m it will be regarded as a bigger steal than getting £24m for Lescott who was worth about £10m .

Haha Darron Fucking Gibson....do me a favour...

Bags of talent and potential imo, matter of fitness. Think in the long run he could be an excellent sweeper in the 3-5-2 or defensive midfielder who can drive forward or dictate from deep. My guess is £9m-£12m in all honesty. Maybe the boss just fancies a gamble on this one.

Im an Everton fan and having taken an odd look on here from time to time I realise we arent overly popular so my opinion probably wont count for too much on here

However, for me Rodwell has never lived up to his hype. Hes probably never had more than 3 or 4 quality games in a season. I couldnt say hes great at any 1 aspect of the game. Hes reasonable in a few but nothing close to special in any.

I dont pretend Im any good at judging potential but currently he does nothing to suggest hes worth more than 5M today and thats forgetting his injury record. Im utterly amazed that you lot would want him. Could maybe see Utd (they would be wrong too) because they have a much smaller budget and a much worse midfield but hes nowhere near good enough for your team. Infact even when fit he was in and out of our side

Having said all that I hope he proves me wrong. Maybe with better players he becomes a better player. When he first came through he was a centre half and apparently that was always the long term plan for him. Maybe thats your intentions too and he might excel there.

arthur said:

+1

I don't see him as a CM so far, so hopefully he will take Savic role as a back up CB.

Jacoba1 said:
stony said:
Jacoba1 said:
Rumours around today are either 20 million or 7 million plus Adam Johnson

Not a fucking chance.

Which one?

Both. No way would we pay £20M for Rodwell, especially as Everton have been touting him around the big clubs for around £16M if certain rumours are true, and there is no way on earth Everton could afford AJ's wages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.