City agree fee for Jack Rodwell

Young said:
Doesn't matter, he's potential is there and I believe Mancini has the ability to bring that out. Mancini can turn things to gold.

-- Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:38 pm --

Cityinmyheart said:
whats the fee?

Undisclosed, but heard it was 15m.
5 million for the player. 5 million because he is english. 5 million in City taxes. Roughly.

looks like a player signed to play in carling cup and early stages of fa cup. currently would be fifth choice at best for getting in our side ? Maybe Mancini is thinking of trying him at centre half ? Has to be better than savic.

A good player who had/has the potential to be a very good one.
A risky signing though as his injuries are a concern and his progress does appear to have stalled.

Begs the question why we didn't pull out all the stops for Jones last year if this is the type of player we want.I also believe Ross Barkley will be the better palyer,so does Moyes by looks of things......

Think this is a great signing. Alot of people have went on about him being injury prone, in particular a long term back problem, however I have always rated him. Hopefully a long term replacement for Barry or NDJ.

FantasyIreland said:
Labatt Blue said:
Mancini turned Kompany from DM to a great ball playing CH, may do the same with Rodwell..or play him in a three with Vinny and Lescott

Mancini simply played him in the position he was bought to play at Hamburg and one he was already very accustomed with.

True enough but Mancini likes defenders with the same comfort on the ball as midfielders..so Rodwell could fit the bill..he's improved this aspect of Lescott's game too, perfect teacher for Rodwell i think

Everton has to sell, and any antipathy from them is more directed at the Chairman than the player.

Ja Salford Blue said:
Just been on Everton's twitter page that we have agreed a fee for Rodwell

Sorry cant post a link

Would explain what Moyes was doing at eastlands last week

Good signing imo

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19232773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19232773</a>

Great signing, young, gifted and English.

Just looking at the team and shape we had today there was no one who we could bring one as another DM to allow Yaya to be released forward and that is with only Barry being injured. The same old problem exists I can see that formation being used to allow Nasri and Silva to get a rest and utilise two forwards it also plays to the strengths of Kolorov and Milner but how the hell do we cope when Yaya disappears to ACON. Hope Mancini has some tactic up his sleeve for when the time comes. Maybe this is why Rodwell has been signed.

Just because I don't like a signing doesn't make me a plastic or a rag. Some people can fuck right off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.