City and Arsenal After £25 Million Gourcuff - L'Equipe

The Fat el Hombre

Dunno how reliable L'Equipe is, not very probably. Taken from Goal.com:

Manchester City and Arsenal are set to go head-to-head to bring £25 million-rated Girondins de Bordeaux schemer Yoann Gourcuff to the Premier League.

French sports daily L'Equipe has reported that the French international is high on the shopping list of Roberto Mancini as he looks to add some extra craft to his side at Eastlands.

Meanwhile, Arsene Wenger has also ear-marked the former AC Milan midfielder as the man to fill Cesc Fabregas' shoes — if the 23-year-old makes the £40 million move to Barcelona in the summer.

Gourcuff, who is expected to be given a starting spot at the World Cup for France, has developed at a rapid rate under Laurent Blanc after an unhappy spell in Serie A. He notched seven assists and six goals in the club's unsuccessful bid to retain their Ligue 1 title last term.

If Arsenal make a bid then maybe that means they are resigned to losing Fabregas.

25m seems to be City's lowest price for any established player and 15m for any youngster. It is senseless.

personally from what i've seen this is the guy i'd be in for. He has skill and is also another player over 6ft to give us that extra bit of height in midfield.

i think we need to get in quick before Cesc leaves therefore before arsenal show their cards

onceabluealways said:
personally from what i've seen this is the guy i'd be in for. He has skill and is also another player over 6ft to give us that extra bit of height in midfield.

i think we need to get in quick before Cesc leaves therefore before arsenal show their cards

Bang on the money, cesc is going barca, gourcuff is off to arsenal.

Get to the bookies and earn some easy money!!!

onceabluealways said:

Definitely a possiblity this could be the case. Hopefully the Barca/Fabregas thing will drag on a bit and Gourcuff will want his future sorting before the World Cup and we can nip in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.