City and Arsenal After £25 Million Gourcuff - L'Equipe

Pigeonho said:
This is where it gets interesting for me. If its us v Chelsea for one player, there will only be one winner. If its us v Arsenal for one player, I truly believe its 50/50. Chelsea are going to go for it next season and might be worth a punt on winning the CL. Arsenal won't be winning much in my opinion, therefore even though they are in the CL and we aren't, there's a hefty possibility they will end up in the EL with us, just like Liverpoo did this season. I believe we're on a par with Arsenal right now, and could very well finish above them this coming season.
Do players see it like that yet though? I reckon they just hear the name "Arsenal" being linked to them, and then get a boner. We know we are soon to overtake them, but does everyone else?

Tricky_Trev said:
Pigeonho said:
This is where it gets interesting for me. If its us v Chelsea for one player, there will only be one winner. If its us v Arsenal for one player, I truly believe its 50/50. Chelsea are going to go for it next season and might be worth a punt on winning the CL. Arsenal won't be winning much in my opinion, therefore even though they are in the CL and we aren't, there's a hefty possibility they will end up in the EL with us, just like Liverpoo did this season. I believe we're on a par with Arsenal right now, and could very well finish above them this coming season.
Do players see it like that yet though? I reckon they just hear the name "Arsenal" being linked to them, and then get a boner. We know we are soon to overtake them, but does everyone else?

Thats the big question Trev. With French players it could prove tricky because of the Arsene link, then there's the myth of the 'bright lights of London' to consider. For players coming from abroad it could be 55/45 in Arsenals favour, purely because foreigners believe all the bollocks hype about London, however say for example it was Torres choosing between us and Arsenal, i'd put us 85/15 dead certs because he will know te situation at both clubs, and that we are minted and will just keep improving.

Let us not forget the impact the idea of training and playing with the legend that is Vieira would have on a young French player.

Possibly second only to ZZ as a role model to French midfield players.

Tricky_Trev said:
Pigeonho said:

If we manage to pull off both Gourcouff and Ibra to partner Tevez in an attacking trio, I'm sure we could be challenging for the title next season.

He looks a fine player, reminiscent of (although obviously not as good as) Zidane in the way he carries the ball. But I think he would be a bigger gamble than Hamsik or Ozil as he flopped big style in Italy and maybe only shines in French football, which is gebnerally of a lower standard than Italy, Spain, Germany and England

MCC said:
He will go to Arsenal in a straight 50/50. Wenger is a god to all the frogs.

Arsenal without Cesc and not spending or City with Tevez and others and spending lots.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6161191,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 91,00.html</a>

Fabregas > Barca

Gotta be now, I bet they spend some money too, getting impatient over there, not been any trophies for a while.

fbloke said:
Let us not forget the impact the idea of training and playing with the legend that is Vieira would have on a young French player.

Possibly second only to ZZ as a role model to French midfield players.

If Vieira is offered a new contract of course?

Cant see us landing him, Wenger/Gallas/Sagna/Nasri/Diaby/Clichy factor shining through for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.