City and Chelsea to Fail Financial Fair Play....

blue_paul said:
I do wonder if we've shot ourselves ion the foot with some of the ridiculous contracts we've handed out like candy to some very average performers. I'm thinking here of the likes of Adebayor, Kolo, Bridge, Robinho and other vastly over paid players still on our books. These wages are a huge drain on our finances and the length of some of the contracts given out were ridiculous.
Surely it's imperative for the club to get these players permanently off the books and bring in a more realistic salary model for players?
Another point, there's obviously people on our board negotiating these contracts who either need to learn very quickly or step aside for more qualified people.

Really?

'if applied today' if my aunty had a dick she'd be my uncle

we've already doubled income in the last year champs league tv money as well as the massive increase in sponsership that it brings will triple that and then we won't be needing to spend on lots of huge transfers just 1 or 2 a season.

we'll be fine.

however the ones that suffer most from this are the smaller/mid table teams. It's a way of keeping the rich rich and the small teams down. how can clubs like bolton or west ham hope to ever compete now when their budget will be perminantly £5 million a season at most.

this will bring less competitvity and turn every league in europe into scotland

SWP's back said:
blue_paul said:
I do wonder if we've shot ourselves ion the foot with some of the ridiculous contracts we've handed out like candy to some very average performers. I'm thinking here of the likes of Adebayor, Kolo, Bridge, Robinho and other vastly over paid players still on our books. These wages are a huge drain on our finances and the length of some of the contracts given out were ridiculous.
Surely it's imperative for the club to get these players permanently off the books and bring in a more realistic salary model for players?
Another point, there's obviously people on our board negotiating these contracts who either need to learn very quickly or step aside for more qualified people.

Really?

He's still on loan isn't he, with Milan having the option to buy, correct me if I'm wrong? Doesn't really counter the point though, we've too many players on the books way above their worth, I just wonder how much damage it can do to us with these new bloody rules, that's all.
Anyway, to expand my point, I don't believe for one minute that we needed to splash all this cash indiscriminately when the new owners came in. For instance, the Robinho signing was said by some to be a statement of intent by City, to show we'd arrived. All it really showed was that we were willing to pay way over the odds for suspect performers. The board acted very naively at times, paying way over the odds. Of course, some players would cost top dollar, such as Tevez or Silva but we were taken for fools with the fees spent on the likes of Lescott and Milner, not to mention their ridiculous contracts no doubt.

Anyway, hopefully with amortisation and a more frugal approach over the next few years, we'll be able to adhere to the new FFP rules but we haven't half made it hard for ourselves.

blue_paul said:
SWP's back said:

He's still on loan isn't he, with Milan having the option to buy, correct me if I'm wrong? Doesn't really counter the point though, we've too many players on the books way above their worth, I just wonder how much damage it can do to us with these new bloody rules, that's all.
Anyway, to expand my point, I don't believe for one minute that we needed to splash all this cash indiscriminately when the new owners came in. For instance, the Robinho signing was said by some to be a statement of intent by City, to show we'd arrived. All it really showed was that we were willing to pay way over the odds for suspect performers. The board acted very naively at times, paying way over the odds. Of course, some players would cost top dollar, such as Tevez or Silva but we were taken for fools with the fees spent on the likes of Lescott and Milner, not to mention their ridiculous contracts no doubt.

Anyway, hopefully with amortisation and a more frugal approach over the next few years, we'll be able to adhere to the new FFP rules but we haven't half made it hard for ourselves.

He signed permanently for Milan and has link to us anymore.

As that link I posted will show you if you read it we actually made a book profit on the transaction that means he improved our FFPR chances to the tune of £18m +

mammyjam said:
'if applied today' if my aunty had a dick she'd be my uncle

we've already doubled income in the last year champs league tv money as well as the massive increase in sponsership that it brings will triple that and then we won't be needing to spend on lots of huge transfers just 1 or 2 a season.

we'll be fine.

however the ones that suffer most from this are the smaller/mid table teams. It's a way of keeping the rich rich and the small teams down. how can clubs like bolton or west ham hope to ever compete now when their budget will be perminantly £5 million a season at most.

this will bring less competitvity and turn every league in europe into scotland

We aren't in the champions league....

fbloke said:
blue_paul said:

As that link I posted will show you if you read it we actually made a book profit on the transaction that means he improved our FFPR chances to the tune of £18m +

Fair enough Fbloke I stand corrected. I'll have a look at your link although I find it hard to understand how buying him for over 30 million and selling him for around half that improves our chances of adhereing to the FFP rules!!!

blue_paul said:
fbloke said:

Fair enough Fbloke I stand corrected. I'll have a look at your link although I find it hard to understand how buying him for over 30 million and selling him for around half that improves our chances of adhereing to the FFP rules!!!

It goes against common sense but it is the case.

The article is very good but stops short of the bits that are really important, namely how monies can be generated which is the ace in the hole for City.

blue_paul's point remains - we've gotta sort the fucking wages out. Why were the likes of RSC and Barry given huge pay increases from their clubs, when they should have wanted to come anyway? The big attraction should have been that they were moving up in the footballing world, so a modest pay increase should have sufficed. No need to throw £95k a week at Gareth barry as no one else would pay anywhere near that. Bellamy was another - No fucker would have gone anywhere near his £75k a week West ham stupidly offered him, oh here come City to offer him £100k a week.

Yaya was on about £60k a week at Barca, we go and treble his wages even though he wanted to leave. No one else would have offered him anywhere near. Surely we can be a bit fucking shrewder?

Pisses me off when prices for ST's and the likes go up yet the wages just seem slap dash and way OTT. The price hikes are a drop in the ocean compared to the ridiculous wages we're handing out, so why can't we be a bit shrewder when negotiating multi-million pound contracts than when we're trying to squeeze an extra couple of quid out of each supporter?

Whats stopping an associate of the Sheik placing an order with the club shop for millions of foam hands at a fiver each

erast fandorin said:
Whats stopping an associate of the Sheik placing an order with the club shop for millions of foam hands at a fiver each

You would hope the answer would be the fact that City haven't had millions made....but you never know ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.