City and Chelsea to Fail Financial Fair Play....

erast fandorin said:
Whats stopping an associate of the Sheik placing an order with the club shop for millions of foam hands at a fiver each

Nobody really knows what would happen but as long as City can prove it is not their own money or someone closely associated with the owner I would venture that fuck all would happen.

That is central to the positives for City and FFPR - there are so, so many ways to increase income that are yet to be tapped into as to make the worries non-existant.

United and others have already seen revenues decrease from their highest levels as well fo course.

On United as well they are scraping by on interest only when interest rates are the lowest they will ever be, what will happen when base rates reach 5-6%?<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Considering we will be spending a shit load on players this summer, nobody needs to fret...

There are some people who fret and others who look forward to the 3 new kits and the possible stadium naming rights.

:-)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Considering we will be spending a shit load on players this summer, nobody needs to fret...

The flame to really ignite this thread ;-)

The Fat el Hombre said:
blue_paul's point remains - we've gotta sort the fucking wages out. Why were the likes of RSC and Barry given huge pay increases from their clubs, when they should have wanted to come anyway? The big attraction should have been that they were moving up in the footballing world, so a modest pay increase should have sufficed. No need to throw £95k a week at Gareth barry as no one else would pay anywhere near that. Bellamy was another - No fucker would have gone anywhere near his £75k a week West ham stupidly offered him, oh here come City to offer him £100k a week.

Yaya was on about £60k a week at Barca, we go and treble his wages even though he wanted to leave. No one else would have offered him anywhere near. Surely we can be a bit fucking shrewder?

Pisses me off when prices for ST's and the likes go up yet the wages just seem slap dash and way OTT. The price hikes are a drop in the ocean compared to the ridiculous wages we're handing out, so why can't we be a bit shrewder when negotiating multi-million pound contracts than when we're trying to squeeze an extra couple of quid out of each supporter?

It was also length of contracts and transfer fees. For instance, weren't injury prone RSC and Bellamy handed long term contracts? Didn't we pay hugely over the odds for RSC, who had just signed a new contract at Blackburn and we shouldn't have went near? I remember him being touted for us when we would have got him for a much smaller fee but he said he wasn’t interested. He then signs a new contract at Blackburn and hey presto, we pay 17 million on possibly our biggest mistake ever.
Wasn't there a similar case with De Jong that we would have got him for next to nothing if we'd of waited 60 months but instead paid another huge fee? I know he’s become a popular figure but perhaps the huge fee at the time was unnecessary?
Perhaps the Arab owners will look at this and realise that heads have to roll or at least new people will have to come in to negotiate contracts. When I heard that Kahldoon had to personally intervene in smoothing over the Dzecko transfer, I thought it may signal the end for Marwood and Cook. We'll see this summer

fbloke said:
erast fandorin said:
Whats stopping an associate of the Sheik placing an order with the club shop for millions of foam hands at a fiver each

Nobody really knows what would happen but as long as City can prove it is not their own money or someone closely associated with the owner I would venture that fuck all would happen.

That is central to the positives for City and FFPR - there are so, so many ways to increase income that are yet to be tapped into as to make the worries non-existant.

United and others have already seen revenues decrease from their highest levels as well fo course.

On United as well they are scraping by on interest only when interest rates are the lowest they will ever be, what will happen when base rates reach 5-6%?

-- Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm --

tolmie's hairdoo said:

There are some people who fret and others who look forward to the 3 new kits and the possible stadium naming rights.

Base rates will never hit higher than four per cent in the next two years.

Bank of England will never take that risk, even with inflation. They would rather have inflation than mass meltdown.

United are safe for a few more years.

On the other issues...Spurs have shown how you can have more than one shirt sponsor dependent on which competition you are in.

The gnashing and wailing will reach unbelievable levels when we start rolling out the deals, one after another.

I expect our turnover to DOUBLE in the next 12 months alone and surpass Chelsea in terms of revenues.

I cannot, even at this height, fit all of the land city own and are involved with into the image -

1j3ha9.png

Now here is Barca's Camp Nou - where will the 'adjacent to the stadium' revenues come from?

2epj1nt.png

Old Trafford

2llh9ug.png

Real Madrids' Bernabeu

2qbekq1.png

Melbourne , the model for City?

fnxzch.png

tolmie's hairdoo said:
fbloke said:

On United as well they are scraping by on interest only when interest rates are the lowest they will ever be, what will happen when base rates reach 5-6%?

-- Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:27 pm --

Bank of England will never take that risk, even with inflation. They would rather have inflation than mass meltdown.

On the other issues...Spurs have shown how you can have more than one shirt sponsor dependent on which competition you are in.

The gnashing and wailing will reach unbelievable levels when we start rolling out the deals, one after another.

I expect our turnover to DOUBLE in the next 12 months alone and surpass Chelsea in terms of revenues.

You suggesting that we could well have more than one shirt sponsor?

One for the PL and one for CL?

blueinsa said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Thats why I talked about 3 new kits, you never know it could be one home, one away/third another for CL home, CL away?

Or alternatively one massive deal justified by evidence that we could have done the above?

fbloke said:
blueinsa said:

Thats why I talked about 3 new kits, you never know it could be one home, one away/third another for CL home, CL away?

Or alternatively one massive deal justified by evidence that we could have done the above?

Fook me, we really will be ruining football lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.