City and West Ham relationship..........

was there that day, and it was a special day in a typical City kind of a way, and yes West Ham fans were classy and largely still are (bet the fuckers still sing "where were you when you were shit" though)

I've always got on well with the Hammers. Most of the love their football and their beer. That said, They will have some loons like most clubs.

Had a good drink with a group of Hammers after we relegated them a few years ago. We were told to leave the Bulls Head after committing that heinous act of singing a football song!

I was there in 87, when there seemed to be a special bond. i was also present this season when they sang, “Where were you when we were shit?” That’s football I suppose.

Their fiercely, local fanbase, and contribution to 1966 has always made them slightly different.

We tend to get on with West Ham, but I think most northern clubs prefer them to the other London teams.

ccr said:
I remember getting into a scrap with them at Upton Park after winning . All the windows smashed on the coach leaving the ground.There was a little lad ,no more than 8 years old covered in blood and glass.

So its Nil point from this jury.
I think I was on the same coach - was this after Joe Royle's late winner in '77? One lad didn't make it back to the coach in time and the cops wouldn't let us wait for him.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
I was there in 87, when there seemed to be a special bond. i was also present this season when they sang, “Where were you when we were shit?” That’s football I suppose.

Their fiercely, local fanbase, and contribution to 1966 has always made them slightly different.

We tend to get on with West Ham, but I think most northern clubs prefer them to the other London teams.

It was a fiercely local fan base but many Hammers have now moved to Essex etc.

The vicinity of the Boleyn is largely a Muslim area and I think few of the locals go to the game. Just an observation based on going in recent years and chatting to Hammers.

Although being chased by a few hundred West Ham skins in the 70's near Piccadilly Station after a night game was a right larf..........scallywags

A few years ago I was on a train from Euston with a load of them as they were playing Stoke and we were at home to Blackburn. We got talking, they offered me a few beers from their copious supply. Great banter, they got off, leaving me a few tins for the remaining journey too!

Top blokes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.