City and WWE

A dim memory of mine is when Gary the then CEO left City after the Neumann email fandango he quickly re-emerged as CEO on UAE/WWE and the coincidence is the Sheik Mansour was a big fan or part owner or both.

A dim memory of mine is when Gary the then CEO left City after the Neumann email fandango he quickly re-emerged as CEO on UAE/WWE and the coincidence is the Sheik Mansour was a big fan or part owner or both.

Almost...............when he left City we went to work for UFC, who at that time were totally separate from WWE; but are now part of the same group.

I mean I'm not surprised you don't watch it, but The Rock has been the biggest movie star on the planet for a decade and the next president of the United States (unless the dems replace their candidate) is likely to be a WWE Hall of Famer. Promotion is all over BT Sport on matchdays, and it's a legitimately huge global entertainment company.

Welcome to my world lol

Haven't got bt sports, I only watch sky documentary channel or Dave ;)

Not watched wrestling since The Big Bossman and British Bulldog were about. Massive money and exposure in this. It'll be lovely to see all the 'how have city got that revenue?' questions anyway.

But also waiting for the PL to void the deal for some PSR excuse.

Not just via co-op. Silverlake (18% of City's ownership) now have a majority stake in TKO which runs WWE. So you'd expect to see some type of continued co-branding or use of the Etihad campus. You could run a Smackdown taping in co-op, PLE in the expanded Etihad once that's done, and a NXT show at the academy stadium over a weekend.

Am sure Silverlake has 23%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.