City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Call me cynical but I feel the club has collaborated with Manchester council to restrict free parking around the stadium so they can make even more money out of us with this scheme. All take and on the make, they're taking the piss.
There is no pleasing some people. Seriously doubt they will be making money out of this particularly given the number of FOCs likely to use the service.

Could do with one out towards Crewe, lots of us on that route, I'm in Sandbach along with quite a few more.

Pain in the arse getting home after night games as train at 10 05, which you can't get, then next one 11 35, hence I don't do night games. Fortunately Brentford is 7 30 ko so should be OK to go.

Seem to arrive an hour before and leave 30 mins after the scheduled 90 mins.

Given the amount of injury time possible, it’ll probably be more like 15 in reality.
Yeah I suspect that a lot of people are like me and enjoy a typical pre match routine that might involve an early train and a few pints with the same old mates
Post Match is completely different: Just get me on a bus pointing South, but not one that has 4-5 stops before we've reached Stockport.

Getting home from the match is the bigger issue and if marketed properly it should be quite popular. Also, the emphasis should be on speed so that people feel that it's actually quicker than their normal route

The buses should be clearly marked and ready to go within 15 minutes of the Final Whistle.
You mean, 'before' the final whistle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.