City announce trial bus scheme for home games

That's exactly what happened to me on the number 14 bus. I would have been quite happy if the driver had carried on up Oldham Road,and I would have got off at Dean Lane or Droylsden Road. But he went back onto Briscoe Lane,via Ten Acres Lane.
I wonder if the right turn from Alan Turing Way onto Briscoe Lane is blocked off because of the volume of traffic exiting the car parks via the exit almost opposite Briscoe Lane,and they are doing it to keep the traffic moving.
Yep, there's no right turn onto Briscoe Lane after the match until the traffic dies down. Been like that for a few years iirc.

Used it there & back. Takes about 1.5 hours there & bit less coming back. Maybe about 20% used it for return only. Where will you be getting on? Obviously, Macc & Tythy users no problem. Got a bit busy at Bramhall where there were a lot waiting to get on.
Are they still keeping track of how many have booked returns? We’re most likely to use it for return only for night games. We’re EL1 so can get to Connell quick after game but if it’s getting close to capacity bit of a gamble getting on, and then probably too late to get the last train. Not complaining cos it’s definitely better to have the option at least.

Are they still keeping track of how many have booked returns? We’re most likely to use it for return only for night games. We’re EL1 so can get to Connell quick after game but if it’s getting close to capacity bit of a gamble getting on, and then probably too late to get the last train. Not complaining cos it’s definitely better to have the option at least.
There wasn’t a guard on the bus like last year. The driver took the fares. To be honest, I think you’ll be ok just using the return journey, especially at night because there seem to be fewer passengers in the evening. Maybe some go straight from work? I’ll ask the driver next time, how full it is getting

That's exactly what happened to me on the number 14 bus. I would have been quite happy if the driver had carried on up Oldham Road,and I would have got off at Dean Lane or Droylsden Road. But he went back onto Briscoe Lane,via Ten Acres Lane.
I wonder if the right turn from Alan Turing Way onto Briscoe Lane is blocked off because of the volume of traffic exiting the car parks via the exit almost opposite Briscoe Lane,and they are doing it to keep the traffic moving.
That right turn had always been blocked it’s to stop a queue of three lanes and the right turn one blocking the progress of the then two. Our 13 bus went straight up Oldham road and then into Broadway not as quick as Briscoe but still no dramas

That right turn had always been blocked it’s to stop a queue of three lanes and the right turn one blocking the progress of the then two. Our 13 bus went straight up Oldham road and then into Broadway not as quick as Briscoe but still no dramas
Ive walked past those lights and that right turn literally hundreds of times,and never really noticed that the Alan Turing Way traffic wasn't allowed to turn right.
I was always going up Briscoe Lane to either walk all the way home in Newtown Heath,or try to catch a 76 bus home so I was concentrating on looking out for a bus approaching.
But you live and learn and I will know what route the 14 bus will take after the Brentford game.
Cheers pal.

Just got the following reply from bus company:

Yes the buses will operate for all Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League fixtures.

Regards

Nick Kelly
Travel Demand Manager
Transport for Greater Manchester”

Just got the following reply from bus company:

Yes the buses will operate for all Premier League, League Cup, FA Cup and Champions League fixtures.

Regards

Nick Kelly
Travel Demand Manager
Transport for Greater Manchester”
Thanks, hopefully they'll update the website soon then with times.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.