City announce trial bus scheme for home games

From the back of ss 3rd tier to fire station in 20 mins isn't possible without leaving early, it takes 15 mins to get out of the ground
I sit at the back and make my way down with a couple of mins extra time left, I then bolt as soon as the whistle goes a can do it in just about 20 mins and I walk fast dodging in and out the crowds, if you’re not as quick or a FOC from the SS you’ve no chance.

I sit at the back and make my way down with a couple of mins extra time left, I then bolt as soon as the whistle goes a can do it in just about 20 mins and I walk fast dodging in and out the crowds, if you’re not as quick or a FOC from the SS you’ve no chance.
Well yeah but why would they want to promote leaving early, surely they want fans in their seats showing appreciation, just seems really silly

Well yeah but why would they want to promote leaving early, surely they want fans in their seats showing appreciation, just seems really silly
Exactly mate, I know they can’t please everyone, if the take up is bigger say they need two buses then one goes after 30 mins next at 40! Al o know us if your on SS then it’s a rush.

Just wanted to provide a quick update on this following a Fan Experience sub-group meeting last night.

The club are aware of the issues with the services - particularly around the pricing for families/groups. They also appreciate that delays/diversion would really put people off using the service.

Clearly, the current service are a trial and they are undertaking analysis as the data set increases on route optimisation and so on. There’s a lot that could be said for each route, and personally I think they overlooked some of the routes where existing supporter club buses and such already exist. That said, the routes from Shaw, Macclesfield and Offerton are amongst the most well utilised. Overall, the services are at around 30% capacity, which has increased game by game.

My main ask, however, is that I would really encourage anyone who does utilise the service to leave feedback. The project is quite a big undertaking by the club and this is really helping them (with City Matters input) to shape them going forward. Besides, I believe the club are planning to enter those who provide feedback into a draw for a signed shirt and given the relatively low number of completions to date, you’d stand a better chance than usual at winning one of these things!

Just wanted to provide a quick update on this following a Fan Experience sub-group meeting last night.

The club are aware of the issues with the services - particularly around the pricing for families/groups. They also appreciate that delays/diversion would really put people off using the service.

Clearly, the current service are a trial and they are undertaking analysis as the data set increases on route optimisation and so on. There’s a lot that could be said for each route, and personally I think they overlooked some of the routes where existing supporter club buses and such already exist. That said, the routes from Shaw, Macclesfield and Offerton are amongst the most well utilised. Overall, the services are at around 30% capacity, which has increased game by game.

My main ask, however, is that I would really encourage anyone who does utilise the service to leave feedback. The project is quite a big undertaking by the club and this is really helping them (with City Matters input) to shape them going forward. Besides, I believe the club are planning to enter those who provide feedback into a draw for a signed shirt and given the relatively low number of completions to date, you’d stand a better chance than usual at winning one of these things!
Where can I provide feedback Alex?

Hi Alex. I use the Macclesfield bus & it’s more than 30% take up. However, the driver has on two occasions had no idea how to use the card payment machine so on the first day v Chelsea, nobody paid. they also do not account for those who have a senior travel card. It doesn’t look as if they have any idea how many have actually used the bus. The guard does nothing & doesn't count the passengers. They therefore wait longer than necessary to leave the college car park after the game.
Having said that, the service seems to be working well in terms of getting us there & back & most people like & appreciate it.

I just don’t want the club to be misled on the numbers using it. It’s been over 50% I’d say on the Macc bus - maybe more

Last edited:

They certainly never knew about us in Middleton

We been doing 3 to 4 buses ourselves for years

I know it is very different as we cater for a different clientele. We want a drink before, on the bus and straight after the game

We also charge less for kids and oaps

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.