City announce trial bus scheme for home games

They certainly never knew about us in Middleton

We been doing 3 to 4 buses ourselves for years

I know it is very different as we cater for a different clientele. We want a drink before, on the bus and straight after the game

We also charge less for kids and oaps
Do you use the Fold bus?

I believe (but don’t quote me on this) that the club send out an email to those who have been on the service. I’ll ask for the link, however.
Don’t think this can work mate as there’s no form of registration, we just turn up and tap in (if the driver knows how the ticket machine works, which on the Macc bus is rate!). They can’t know who’s using it

Hi Alex. I use the Macclesfield bus & it’s more than 30% take up. However, the driver has on two occasions had no idea how to use the card payment machine so on the first day v Chelsea, nobody paid. they also do not account for those who have a senior travel card. It doesn’t look as if they have any idea how many have actually used the bus. The guard does nothing & doesn't count the passengers. They therefore wait longer than necessary to leave the college car park after the game.
Having said that, the service seems to be working well in terms of getting us there & back & most people like & appreciate it.

I just don’t want the club to be misled on the numbers using it. It’s been over 50% I’d say on the Macc bus - maybe more
Used the Macc bus tonight. Once again over half an hour late picking up from Macc & then from Tytherington. Arrived at the Connell college at 7.35 so got into ground just as light show was finishing. Again, driver was a last minute appointment & could not work the payment machine - was also unsure of route. The guard seemed to put him right. However, there seems to be no real record of how many used the bus - especially as those with a senior rail card don’t get a ticket.
The journey was good & all would be much better if we set off on time.
Return journey very good.

Used the Macc bus tonight. Once again over half an hour late picking up from Macc & then from Tytherington. Arrived at the Connell college at 7.35 so got into ground just as light show was finishing. Again, driver was a last minute appointment & could not work the payment machine - was also unsure of route. The guard seemed to put him right. However, there seems to be no real record of how many used the bus - especially as those with a senior rail card don’t get a ticket.
The journey was good & all would be much better if we set off on time.
Return journey very good.
Yep I gave up on the bus when there was no sign of it at 17.40, jumped on the train and was in the ground at 18.35! Coming back was good, think we beat the best train option and once again free cos driver couldn’t work the ticket machine

Reactions: CC1
Hi Alex. I use the Macclesfield bus & it’s more than 30% take up. However, the driver has on two occasions had no idea how to use the card payment machine so on the first day v Chelsea, nobody paid. they also do not account for those who have a senior travel card. It doesn’t look as if they have any idea how many have actually used the bus. The guard does nothing & doesn't count the passengers. They therefore wait longer than necessary to leave the college car park after the game.
Having said that, the service seems to be working well in terms of getting us there & back & most people like & appreciate it.

I just don’t want the club to be misled on the numbers using it. It’s been over 50% I’d say on the Macc bus - maybe more
The guard on the Macclesfield bus has a hand held counter so knows exactly how many get on and use the service. Tonight he was taking payments with the ticket machine on route as it wasnt charged up when the bus arrived late in Macclesfield. He also has to report back on time of arrival at each stop and the number of passengers. At the end of the game the people who are in charge of the buses at the college car park signal when the 25 minutes has elapsed and the buses depart. Even if the bus had everyone on it wouldn't be able to leave because of the way they park they have to go in order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.