City announce trial bus scheme for home games

The guard on the Macclesfield bus has a hand held counter so knows exactly how many get on and use the service. Tonight he was taking payments with the ticket machine on route as it wasnt charged up when the bus arrived late in Macclesfield. He also has to report back on time of arrival at each stop and the number of passengers. At the end of the game the people who are in charge of the buses at the college car park signal when the 25 minutes has elapsed and the buses depart. Even if the bus had everyone on it wouldn't be able to leave because of the way they park they have to go in order.
Yes I spoke to the guard & he does help. But he confirmed that there is still the problem of the bus arriving half an hour late most days & the drivers are not properly prepared by the bus company. Most seem to be a last minute appointment.
The guard definitely missed a few with bus passes - so the numbers are not accurate

The driver should know how to work the pay machine & the route!
Nevertheless, it’s a great project that can only get better.

I was one of those waiting at Tytherington - but gave up on it when it was half an hour late and headed back to my car parked around the corner. It arrived minutes later and I ended up following it out of Macclesfield - Doh!

However, the other experiment I was wondering about was to use the P+R at Ashton - so I shifted to that option. Apart from struggling to find my way into it, and going to the one that doesn't have EV chargers - it looks a good option. At the very least - you know a tram will show up and if there is a problem there will be information on the boards or the app to tell you so. Standing at a bus stop in the middle of Cheshire with no info is no fun at all.

I was one of those waiting at Tytherington - but gave up on it when it was half an hour late and headed back to my car parked around the corner. It arrived minutes later and I ended up following it out of Macclesfield - Doh!

However, the other experiment I was wondering about was to use the P+R at Ashton - so I shifted to that option. Apart from struggling to find my way into it, and going to the one that doesn't have EV chargers - it looks a good option. At the very least - you know a tram will show up and if there is a problem there will be information on the boards or the app to tell you so. Standing at a bus stop in the middle of Cheshire with no info is no fun at all.

There’s loads of apps. that have live bus running information.

Not sure whether these will show up on them, with them being kind of specials?

Boothstown bus bang on time, dropped us off outside the ground at 6.30 and back in Boothstown for 10.45. Driver unsure of pick up point at East Lancs park & Ride but between the guard and the passengers we got it sorted.

The bus apps don't work..... trust me.

Ghost buses constantly
They're not that bad, some operators are better than others. The BeeNetwork app has only had one ghost bus for me so far, not that I am a prolific user of buses, but this won't cover all of GM for a year or two yet. I don't think these MC buses will be on there at the moment, the TfGM schedule shows some of them on their website but the stops are incorrect, it's showing more bus stops than actual along the routes, which would be great if the long-term plan is to have a timetabled service.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me how full the Oldham bus (No.14?) has been on the way back? Have they been punctual? What's the route been like?

I have a 76-yr old relative, who struggles to walk long distances, but lives not far from the Hollinwood stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.