City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself – I’m working at TfGM on the bus scheme and thought it worthwhile to update you on a few things ahead of the Brentford game.

• After feedback we have extended bus route 5 to now include Timperley.
  • To avoid a low bridge, the Longsight stop has now changed to Stockport Road/Plymouth Grove on bus route 4.
  • We are aware of delays to some services on the previous matchday, including bus 5. We will be monitoring journey times for the coming fixtures to determine if a route change is required or whether the delays were a result of the large number of events which took place on Saturday 24 August.
  • There were some slight issues with some pick up points for the Ipswich game, such as from Bury Interchange. We have worked with the operators since to ensure that all these issues should now be ironed out.
  • Looking ahead, we are investigating several digital solutions to support the scheme, such as online ticketing to ensure we don’t have capacity issues and whether we can have live locations displayed for the services. We’ll update on the progress of this in due course.
Thanks for everyone’s feedback on here and by email to the matchdaybus@tfgm.com account.

It’s great that everyone has been using it and been so positive about the scheme. We really want this to be a success and for it to grow over this and future seasons.

Please continue to send through any comments by email and I’ll drop by to let you know of any changes or developments we have with the scheme.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself – I’m working at TfGM on the bus scheme and thought it worthwhile to update you on a few things ahead of the Brentford game.

• After feedback we have extended bus route 5 to now include Timperley.
  • To avoid a low bridge, the Longsight stop has now changed to Stockport Road/Plymouth Grove on bus route 4.
  • We are aware of delays to some services on the previous matchday, including bus 5. We will be monitoring journey times for the coming fixtures to determine if a route change is required or whether the delays were a result of the large number of events which took place on Saturday 24 August.
  • There were some slight issues with some pick up points for the Ipswich game, such as from Bury Interchange. We have worked with the operators since to ensure that all these issues should now be ironed out.
  • Looking ahead, we are investigating several digital solutions to support the scheme, such as online ticketing to ensure we don’t have capacity issues and whether we can have live locations displayed for the services. We’ll update on the progress of this in due course.
Thanks for everyone’s feedback on here and by email to the matchdaybus@tfgm.com account.

It’s great that everyone has been using it and been so positive about the scheme. We really want this to be a success and for it to grow over this and future seasons.

Please continue to send through any comments by email and I’ll drop by to let you know of any changes or developments we have with the scheme.
Thanks for the info biggest gripe is when the bus is delayed there seems no way to no if/when it could turn up will this go on a live tracking update like other buses in the bee network app, it can get twitchy towards kick off time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.