City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Anybody try the new route 6 starting in heaviley? Was there plenty of space?. I quite fancy giving this a go but have a fear of the one and only bus turning up full and then having less than 2 hrs to try and find a alternative way to the match.

Was on MC3 yesterday. Busier than anytime last year, only a few spare seats after the last stop. Bang on time going and coming back is always traffic dependent. I like using it.

Bus 13 from Shaw was late going about 15 mins, coming back brilliant, it’s now all pedestrianized down Joe Mercer way no stopping to cross anymore, down to the new bus pick up in no time. Alan Turing way was very quiet they must be pushing the cars out of a different exit now, can’t fault the service.
Not 100% but looked liked held large car park back yesterday and exit was near ex gas holder awaits new thread ^ sat on car park 2 hrs ^ thread

I travelled on the number 15 from Middleton busier than last season. An extra stop added on St Mary's Road. Dropped off on Alan Turing Way near McDonalds. Return stop was just across from that very close to the stadium. However thr return journey was so frustrating. As the driver couldn't turn right up Briscoe Lane he continued on to Oldham Road but instead of turning left onto Oldham Road 5o then turn left again onto Dean Lane/ St Marys Road he drove back down to Briscoe Lane and turned left onto Briscoe Lane driving right back into football traffic taking what seemed like ages to turn left onto Old Church Street and then ages to drive along being hindered by the football traffic joining from the left ? Troydale Drive. Why he didn't turn left onto Oldham Road is a mystery! It added an extra 20-25 minutes to the journey. Other passengers were not happy shouting insults! We didn't know if that was the new route of the driver was unfamiliar with the area. He just kept waving a set of instructions in protective plastic at everyone!

I travelled on the number 15 from Middleton busier than last season. An extra stop added on St Mary's Road. Dropped off on Alan Turing Way near McDonalds. Return stop was just across from that very close to the stadium. However thr return journey was so frustrating. As the driver couldn't turn right up Briscoe Lane he continued on to Oldham Road but instead of turning left onto Oldham Road 5o then turn left again onto Dean Lane/ St Marys Road he drove back down to Briscoe Lane and turned left onto Briscoe Lane driving right back into football traffic taking what seemed like ages to turn left onto Old Church Street and then ages to drive along being hindered by the football traffic joining from the left ? Troydale Drive. Why he didn't turn left onto Oldham Road is a mystery! It added an extra 20-25 minutes to the journey. Other passengers were not happy shouting insults! We didn't know if that was the new route of the driver was unfamiliar with the area. He just kept waving a set of instructions in protective plastic at everyone!
At least he didn’t get stuck in the roadworks on Birdhall Lane.

Macc double decker bus almost full today. Back in house for 6.35. Great driver -Challenged any car that hesitated to give him right of way & generally bossed it-:)
Did you get it there and back? I didn’t use it yesterday but will be doing for future games. Just wondering what proportion of people would be using it for the return journey only

That's exactly what happened to me on the number 14 bus. I would have been quite happy if the driver had carried on up Oldham Road,and I would have got off at Dean Lane or Droylsden Road. But he went back onto Briscoe Lane,via Ten Acres Lane.
I wonder if the right turn from Alan Turing Way onto Briscoe Lane is blocked off because of the volume of traffic exiting the car parks via the exit almost opposite Briscoe Lane,and they are doing it to keep the traffic moving.

Did you get it there and back? I didn’t use it yesterday but will be doing for future games. Just wondering what proportion of people would be using it for the return journey only
Used it there & back. Takes about 1.5 hours there & bit less coming back. Maybe about 20% used it for return only. Where will you be getting on? Obviously, Macc & Tythy users no problem. Got a bit busy at Bramhall where there were a lot waiting to get on.

Used it there & back. Takes about 1.5 hours there & bit less coming back. Maybe about 20% used it for return only. Where will you be getting on? Obviously, Macc & Tythy users no problem. Got a bit busy at Bramhall where there were a lot waiting to get on.
First stop at Waters Green, park my own car in the station car park or under the bridge by Arighis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.