City approach FA about B team

greasedupdeafguy said:
fucking disgraceful

RIP lower leagues

The lower leagues will welcome the exposure and extra money generated willbleadbto imoorved facilities. Also they will see an increase in standard of players which will lead to better football and more fans turning up.

I'm failing to see the negatives?

Look at what's happened in Spain. Barcelona and Madrid have promoted Negredo and Messi and 100's of players to the first teams.

It will benefit City, England and the lower leagues so I'm thrilled and so are the FA by the sounds of it.

We will not devalue the football pyramid.

We will enhance the football league by developing players.

- Greg Dyke.

City

United

Liverpool

Tottenham

Stoke

All backing the B league system. Greg Dyke confirms.

So we really think that our youngsters are going to benefit from playing in the 5th tier of English football?

Even the 3rd tier isn't good enough to promote our best players, as Huws is proving in the Championship even that is a step below.

I just don't understand the point of it, we have U18 and U21 leagues, there are more English players coming through to the point by 2016 we'll have a pretty decent team, and this proposal makes absolutely no sense, as youngsters won't be playing at a good enough standard for it to be worthwhile.

@BluePhil8 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
fucking disgraceful

RIP lower leagues

The lower leagues will welcome the exposure and extra money generated willbleadbto imoorved facilities. Also they will see an increase in standard of players which will lead to better football and more fans turning up.

Look at what's happened in Spain. Barcelona and Madrid have promoted Negredo and Messi and 100's of players to the first teams.

It will benefit City, England and the lower leagues so I'm thrilled and so are the FA by the sounds of it.
Haha say that to fans who support conference teams, league one teams ect.

It will destroy the lower leagues like it has done in portugal and spain. The championship has the fourth highest average attendance in the whole of europe. League one is in the top 10.

Spain dont have great player cos of b teams, they train their youngsters at an early age playing futsal and improving close control, giving small lads a chance. This idea will do fuck all to help the national side.

Change is good. Even if this isn't eventually successful, it still means Football over here has changed and will continue to change.

No surprise that we employ Spanish people like Soriano and then this kind of talk starts to arise.

The Loan system is shit as one player ends up playing to the system of the club he is loaned out to.

This system hopefully will mean this one player will actually remain playing in a system similar to the first team and amongst players all whom play for the same club.

HOLISTIC

greasedupdeafguy said:
@BluePhil8 said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
fucking disgraceful

RIP lower leagues

Haha say that to fans who support conference teams, league one teams ect.

It will destroy the lower leagues like it has done in portugal and spain. The championship has the fourth highest average attendance in the whole of europe. League one is in the top 10.

Spain dont have great player cos of b teams, they train their youngsters at an early age playing futsal and improving close control, giving small lads a chance. This idea will do fuck all to help the national side.

Exactly. You try and find me one fan in the lower leagues who supports this, you will have a fucking hard time. Those teams and fans want promotion, they want to see their club progress. How the fuck is that gonna happen when they need to face City and Chelsea B teams with millions of pounds worth of talent? Attendances will drop off a cliff and the lower leagues will just be a training league for the Prem League instead of the competitive leagues they already are. These proposals are disgusting.

I might be being a selfish twat because City are a Premier League team now, but it will be good for us.

Now our youth players will train in the Etihad Campus in the shadow of the stadium. They will be training next to the first team. They will be playing in the U21 Champion's League. They can be promoted to League One! They will be playing week in week out against serious opposition. This year Sheffield United and Wolves are in League One. I believe playing at that level week in week out will prepare our youth much better than the current system.

I'm selfish, big deal. Like anyone else gives a fuck about City. UEFA and the G-14 are shitting on us with FFP and now everyone is shitting on the lower leagues. That's football. It's fucking shit but everyone looks out for themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.