City approach FA about B team

@BluePhil8 said:
I might be being a selfish twat because City are a Premier League team now, but it will be good for us.

Now our youth players will train in the Etihad Campus in the shadow of the stadium. They will be training next to the first team. They will be playing in the U21 Champion's League. They can be promoted to League One! They will be playing week in week out against serious opposition. This year Sheffield United and Wolves are in League One. I believe playing at that level week in week out will prepare our youth much better than the current system.

I'm selfish, big deal. Like anyone else gives a fuck about City. UEFA and the G-14 are shitting on us with FFP and now everyone is shitting on the lower leagues. That's football. It's fucking shit but everyone looks out for themselves.
Course it will help city but it will destroy the best thing about football in this country which is the football league.

@BluePhil8 said:
I might be being a selfish twat because City are a Premier League team now, but it will be good for us.

Now our youth players will train in the Etihad Campus in the shadow of the stadium. They will be training next to the first team. They will be playing in the U21 Champion's League. They can be promoted to League One! They will be playing week in week out against serious opposition. This year Sheffield United and Wolves are in League One. I believe playing at that level week in week out will prepare our youth much better than the current system.

I'm selfish, big deal. Like anyone else gives a fuck about City. UEFA and the G-14 are shitting on us with FFP and now everyone is shitting on the lower leagues. That's football. It's fucking shit but everyone looks out for themselves.

Ok and what about years ago when we were relegated what if then they decided to move the goal posts and introduce the B team bollocks then. We'd never have gotten out of the lower leagues and certainly wouldn't be facing winning the league this sunday. You are being selfish because why would you want to deny that opportunity to other fans. It doesn't sit well with me at all.

greasedupdeafguy said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Course it will help city but it will destroy the best thing about football in this country which is the football league.
Will it destroy it though? They said on TalkSport that their will be 10 B teams and they can be promoted up to League One. So their might only be 3 or 4 B teams in each division.

greasedupdeafguy said:
@BluePhil8 said:

If the teams are allowed to enter standard leagues that is, the article I just read said they are setting up a league for B sides, to me that suggests a separate league entirely.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27327502

The creation of a new tier within the Football League to accommodate Premier League B teams is at the heart of the Football Association commission's four-point plan to boost English football.

You'd think with some of these comments that some Blues would prefer us back in the lower leagues....

Too many small, local clubs are operated more like a business which doesn't benefit player development.
if it did we wouldn't be signing players from Genoa, we'd be signing them from Grimsby.

RandomJ said:
@BluePhil8 said:

Ok and what about years ago when we were relegated what if then they decided to move the goal posts and introduce the B team bollocks then. We'd never have gotten out of the lower leagues and certainly wouldn't be facing winning the league this sunday. You are being selfish because why would you want to deny that opportunity to other fans. It doesn't sit well with me at all.
I know I'm being selfish. But if City develop the next Messi and he comes up from Manchester City B, I doubt anyone will give a fuck about the lower leagues.

I'm absolutely opposed to this, not fair at all on smaller clubs.

Why can't we just loan players to a certain club? like Oldham for example.

We don't have to get involved in their club, just loan them players.

Ban-jani said:

You can. Southampton have opted for that system so they are introducing that as well.

Why Always Ste said:
You'd think with some of these comments that some Blues would prefer us back in the lower leagues....

Too many small, local clubs are operated more like a business which doesn't benefit player development.
if it did we wouldn't be signing players from Genoa, we'd be signing them from Grimsby.
I care about the lower leagues.

I love how sides like Swansea, Wigan etc have gone from playing non league football to winning silverware and playing in Europe. Where else apart form England would you see that?

@BluePhil8 said:
Ban-jani said:

You can. Southampton have opted for that system so they are introducing that as well.

City want all their teams to play the same way, i.e. possession football. That way they will fit in if and when they make the move to the first team.
how many clubs in the league play like this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.