City approach FA about B team

greasedupdeafguy said:
Why Always Ste said:
You'd think with some of these comments that some Blues would prefer us back in the lower leagues....

Too many small, local clubs are operated more like a business which doesn't benefit player development.
if it did we wouldn't be signing players from Genoa, we'd be signing them from Grimsby.
I care about the lower leagues.

I love how sides like Swansea, Wigan etc have gone from playing non league football to winning silverware and playing in Europe. Where else apart form England would you see that?

Not in England now anyway with FFP.

jonmcity said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Ban-jani said:
I'm absolutely opposed to this, not fair at all on smaller clubs.

Why can't we just loan players to a certain club? like Oldham for example.

We don't have to get involved in their club, just loan them players.
You can. Southampton have opted for that system so they are introducing that as well.

City want all their teams to play the same way, i.e. possession football. That way they will fit in if and when they make the move to the first team.
how many clubs in the league play like this?
Non, which is why I am for Manchester City B playing in League One. It wouldn't benefit us to loan a player to Barnsley so they can play long ball football.

anybody want to link up FCUM and call them there b team hahahahahahahahaha

anybody who is buying into this should have a good look at spain with there 2 team league ok they had a good bunch of players all coming at once and won the world cup and uefa champions but at youth level England have done really well in the past 20 years with the old setup

its the next level that we don't have with british lads are who lazy after they sign big money deals
with clubs they don't want to train the right way they like the limelight nightclubs they just don't want to play the game anymore

the FA have got this so wrong want they should be doing is stopping youth level footballers getting big money deals at the age of 19 or so and make them clean boots wash cars give them the old style apprenticeships and work at the club up to the age of 21 learn to respect a fellow players

to many very good kids in England have gone to pot with the idea of being a superstar at 19 and on a clubs book sign a great deal £20.000 aweek over 3 years they are made but it only take a second to take your eye of the ball thinking am billy big bollocks next thing your michael Johnson finnish

greasedupdeafguy said:
Why Always Ste said:
You'd think with some of these comments that some Blues would prefer us back in the lower leagues....

Too many small, local clubs are operated more like a business which doesn't benefit player development.
if it did we wouldn't be signing players from Genoa, we'd be signing them from Grimsby.

I love how sides like Swansea, Wigan etc have gone from playing non league football to winning silverware and playing in Europe. Where else apart form England would you see that?
But why shouldn't this continue?

Although there's not enough information at the moment for me, I'm generally in favour of the idea. Certainly something has to change otherwise where will we end up getting our players in the near future. Even now everybody's chasing the same names every transfer window and the U21's just look on wondering which of the lower leagues they're going to end up in.

You know what?

Of all the big hitters in the premier league these days, I'd have thought City would have been the ones totally against this idea.

Whilst I can see some positive comments in here, I'm amazed at the number of selfish, clueless and down right ignorant City fans there are in here.

Being a team that was not so long ago involved in the lower leagues, fighting year after year to earn promotion, you're now happy to forget all that because you've finally earned a place at the top table with the likes of United et al and can look down your noses as teams like little Oldham and those even lower?

If you truly believe this will benefit my team, and others down with us, you're fucking delusional and only kidding yourself. I don't travel to Boundary Park every other Saturday at 3 o'clock to watch my team get steamrolled by Chelsea B, with their squad of highly talented stars and fight it out for, at best, 11th in League One because the top 10 positions are taken up by teams far too good, and far too resourceful than the rest of us.

It's a joke, and football for myself, and the hundreds of thousands of lower league supporters, will be finished if this comes into play.

ColinLee said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
Why Always Ste said:

But why shouldn't this continue?

Although there's not enough information at the moment for me, I'm generally in favour of the idea. Certainly something has to change otherwise where will we end up getting our players in the near future. Even now everybody's chasing the same names every transfer window and the U21's just look on wondering which of the lower leagues they're going to end up in.

Sort your own fucking Premier League Reserve League out instead of fucking about with the innocent clubs of lower league football.

They could also promote better coaching, but nah fuck that, let's trample over the poxy football league, eh?

sjk2008 said:
You know what?

Of all the big hitters in the premier league these days, I'd have thought City would have been the ones totally against this idea.

Whilst I can see some positive comments in here, I'm amazed at the number of selfish, clueless and down right ignorant City fans there are in here.

Being a team that was not so long ago involved in the lower leagues, fighting year after year to earn promotion, you're now happy to forget all that because you've finally earned a place at the top table with the likes of United et al and can look down your noses as teams like little Oldham and those even lower?

If you truly believe this will benefit my team, and others down with us, you're fucking delusional and only kidding yourself. I don't travel to Boundary Park every other Saturday at 3 o'clock to watch my team get steamrolled by Chelsea B, with their squad of highly talented stars and fight it out for, at best, 11th in League One because the top 10 positions are taken up by teams far too good, and far too resourceful than the rest of us.

It's a joke, and football for myself, and the hundreds of thousands of lower league supporters, will be finished if this comes into play.
Ahh, you're a troll. I get it now.
Anyone who doesn't totally agree with you is "selfish, clueless and down right ignorant". This makes you a tit. Well done.

ColinLee said:
sjk2008 said:
You know what?

Ahh, you're a troll. I get it now.
Anyone who doesn't totally agree with you is "selfish, clueless and down right ignorant". This makes you a tit. Well done.

OK, humour me.

Tell me why this proposal will be a good idea.

And not for you, for us lower league minnows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.