City are negotiating a big commercial deal with Citibank

I read in todays NYT we are in negotiations with AWS GmbH. to sponsor our balls.They make multi-personnel small-unit targeting weapons systems for urban / suburban sanitation and are also in partnership with Apollo Electrical to design the multi-stage detonation sequencer for low blast high gamma yield thermo nuclear shells also designed for urban / suburban sanitation, although the plan here (according to the investment blurb) seems to be to target brigade-sized military deployments who take up positions therein.

However, all is well, as we can just stick the chicken and three stars on it. Sanitation is easy.

Sigh said:
I read in todays NYT we are in negotiations with AWS GmbH. to sponsor our balls.They make multi-personnel small-unit targeting weapons systems for urban / suburban sanitation and are also in partnership with Apollo Electrical to design the multi-stage detonation sequencer for low blast high gamma yield thermo nuclear shells also designed for urban / suburban sanitation, although the plan here (according to the investment blurb) seems to be to target brigade-sized military deployments who take up positions therein.

However, all is well, as we can just stick the chicken and three stars on it. Sanitation is easy.
So they're going to be our Official Low Yield Nuclear Weapons Partner then? Beat that raggy boys! Knocks your 'Official Office Equipment Partner' into a cocked hat.

Keith Moon said:
SilverFox2 said:
Keith Moon said:
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority lost $7.5 billion on their deal with Citibank, so this would be a nice compensation

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-12-09/citigroup-sued-in-abu-dhabi-by-investor-over-fund-losses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... und-losses</a>

I think our owner made a few bob bailing out Barclays a few years ago though.

Well he did, but the legal battle between Abu Dhabi and Citigroup are stil on in the US.

The case is Citigroup Inc v. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, No. 13-4825.

Makes it a little bit strange that they at the same time are negotiating a sponsor deal with us...

Is there a connection between the AD Group you mention and our owner other than geography ?

As I understand it ADUG is owned by Sheikh M. as indeed was the money he lent Barclays so where is the conflict ?

SilverFox2 said:
Keith Moon said:
SilverFox2 said:
I think our owner made a few bob bailing out Barclays a few years ago though.

Well he did, but the legal battle between Abu Dhabi and Citigroup are stil on in the US.

The case is Citigroup Inc v. Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, No. 13-4825.

Makes it a little bit strange that they at the same time are negotiating a sponsor deal with us...

Is there a connection between the AD Group you mention and our owner other than geography ?

Yes, very much so, Sheik Mansour is a member of the Board of Directors of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).

As I understand it ADUG is owned by Sheikh M. as indeed was the money he lent Barclays so where is the conflict ?

Yes, he's a member of the Board of Directors of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sigh said:

So they're going to be our Official Low Yield Nuclear Weapons Partner then? Beat that raggy boys! Knocks your 'Official Office Equipment Partner' into a cocked hat.
Does that mean we've got the bomb?

Can't wait for us to test fire the swamp.

Keith Moon said:
SilverFox2 said:
Keith Moon said:

Yes, very much so, Sheik Mansour is a member of the Board of Directors of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).

Yes, he's a member of the Board of Directors of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA).

Thanks for info, to us it would need to be settled before any further deals but on a smaller scale we seem to have attracted Nissan as a sponsor despite their sponsoring UEFA.
Perhaps people at their level ignore other deals which allows business as usual to continue.

Our owner may also be involved in sponsoring one of the top Spanish sides (I think naming its stadium or something like that), a little inconsistent with owning MCFC perhaps.

Abu Dhabi indirectly also sponsors UEFA, Aabar Investments is the major shareholder in UniCredit who's one of the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OFFICIAL SPONSORS.

Abu Dhabi bankrolls the new Bernabéu Stadium and it will be renamed the Abu Dhabi Bernabéu when its finished.

Our relationship with Real madrid is very good and this is the reason why ex-King Juan Carlos of Spain visited Eastlands for the Spurs game earlier this season.

The Sheik has a soft spot for Real.

Keith Moon said:
Abu Dhabi indirectly also sponsors UEFA, Aabar Investments is the major shareholder in UniCredit who's one of the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE OFFICIAL SPONSORS.

Abu Dhabi bankrolls the new Bernabéu Stadium and it will be renamed the Abu Dhabi Bernabéu when its finished.

Our relationship with Real madrid is very good and this is the reason why ex-King Juan Carlos of Spain visited Eastlands for the Spurs game earlier this season.

So much money and so little time to spend it.

I would like to think he also has a soft spot for City fans (as well as Real Madrid) and intends to charge them the same entrance fee that he charges to fans who support the AD team (a big fat zero).

Seriously though, why should he object to doing a deal with a Bank that is offering him sponsorship money ? He is not risking any more cash and he is taking legal action to reclaim the investment cash back.

Keith Moon said:

Is it QUICK SAND at the bottom of his garden ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.