"City Are ****"

danburge82 said:
We woman and moan at LOADS of teams who come and play at the CoMS exactly how we played at the Emirates last night. The biggest jibe we have is that the opposition is too shit and too scared to come and have a real go at us. So why is it alright that we do it at Arsenal? I've never seen a team win the title and play like that at title rivals home grounds.
I've just made the same point on another thread. There was fucking uproar when Everton came and wasted time (they had an excuse as they were a couple of goals to the good), and their keeper got 40,000 on his back when he was wasting time with goal kicks. For me, and it is my opinion, the end just does not justify the means on this point. We have enough footballers in our team to not just rely on 11 men behind the ball....

Danburge didnt the rags come to our ground and set up exactly like that and they are top of the league?

They havent played any other contenders so its hard to say whether they would set up like that elsewhere

Chelsea drew at tottenham, spurs lost at the rags. Keep on complaining but as i always say in the record books both arsenal and us got a point and they dont get any more for playing attractive football

danburge82 said:
We woman and moan at LOADS of teams who come and play at the CoMS exactly how we played at the Emirates last night. The biggest jibe we have is that the opposition is too shit and too scared to come and have a real go at us. So why is it alright that we do it at Arsenal? I've never seen a team win the title and play like that at title rivals home grounds.

better get used to it then ;).

The difference is that I guess people have a frustration because they know we have the quality to break down the mediocre teams yet we don't play well enough to do so, whereas we have a much tougher defensive outfit and so Arsenal should find it very difficult.

Bluemoon115 said:
robo the blue said:
get a grip!!!
Why don't you do that.

2nd. Europa League knock out phase with ease. Already confirmed a strongish side for the Cup tie. 5th best scoring record in the league. Best defensive record in the league. Highest New Year position for decades.

secondned mate, yes it wasn't pretty yes it was a dogs of war type stuff, don't forget arsenal are a top quality team and at times in the first half were virtually unplayable.
we hung in there with 10 men(that's before zabba went off) and by the time johnson came on the rest of the team were spent.
of course i would have wanted all guns blazing who wouldn't but last night wasn't the time.
i am satisfied with a point. i don't think they could have done much more and we held them fairly comfortably in the end with pretty much their full strength team bar vermaelen.

We went to chelsea last season and tore them a new one. Last season is last season not this season, why exactly do u expect them to go to arsenal and tear them a new one is it their spectacular away form up until this point? or the way they destroyed them at OT?

malg said:
danburge82 said:
I've just made the same point on another thread. There was fucking uproar when Everton came and wasted time (they had an excuse as they were a couple of goals to the good), and their keeper got 40,000 on his back when he was wasting time with goal kicks. For me, and it is my opinion, the end just does not justify the means on this point. We have enough footballers in our team to not just rely on 11 men behind the ball....

don't forget we played most of the game with 10 men!!!

danburge82 said:
uShited has set out their away team tactic as ultra defensive and made fast counter attack to hold at least a draw or nick a late winning goal on every away games for years, you never realised this?

mancboy123 said:
We went to chelsea last season and tore them a new one. Last season is last season not this season, why exactly do u expect them to go to arsenal and tear them a new one is it their spectacular away form up until this point? or the way they destroyed them at OT?

Nope, it's that Arsenal are spectacular bottlers, and the fact that we've had the beating of them the last few times we've played each other.

We'll have our full team back by the team we travel there anyway (30th April, I think) and I'm pretty confident.

The rags have been playing shit and drawing/winning all season. They cheated and scrawped it only days ago against West Brom.
We were outplayed but we're 22 games in and that was the first time this season. We owe no explanation.

Fookem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.