City being underestimated again ?

File this under no one cares. They will get found out again in europe and continue to sign players that have little to no interest in the club itself and will attract the kind of players we do not want, who want a pay day or a stepping stone to Madrid/Barca

hahaha[/quote]

That poster only joined the Caf in Feb 2013. lol.
It didn't take long for him to become deluded.

Chelsea blew the title because Moaninho sold Mata. Before the sale, Chelsea had won 3 games because Mata came on and turned the game round. After the sale Chelsea failed to win 4 games when they needed to change it. West Ham, West Brom, Crystal Palace and Sunderland. For some reason the press still think be is a genius.
I have no doubt that they will be better next season - Fabregas is a great buy but Costa still has a lot to prove. Then again we will be better too.
Let the battle commence.

Probably already been posted, but if not get yourself ready for a laugh a minute.

Highlights. Apart from the two pages, the first post by Twigginater(?), and the posts by Solidstate.(nob) In a nutshell. City have only won the PL twice because United and Liverpool threw it away. We will finish 3rd behind Chelsea, who will win the title next season, and/or, one of United and Arsenal. We won't do anything in the CL again. And our team/squad isn't that good. :-?

TBF there are some decent posters, but as per in Rag land, their fans just can't let the money jibe go(even though they've spent in the region of £50mill-£60mil already on 2 players?), and they just can't give us any credit for winning 2 PL titles played over 9 months and 38 matches.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/our-rivals-squad-next-year-manchester-city.393054/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/our-riva ... ty.393054/</a>

We'll walk the League IF Aguero gets his fitness back.

We also have some other big pluses:

1) Jovetic. He should be fit and he should be acclimatised
2) No Hart meltdown?
3) No new manager effect - last season opened with a series of damaging away defeats

The debit side is that few teams successfully defend their title due to complacency. It happened last time. Mancini carried the can, but I think some of the players were to blame too

Rivals:

Utd. Too many changes required to bounce back in one season. They've still got to buy at least one central defender, and if foreign that will take time to gel (see Kompany, Demichelis and Vidic when they signed)

Liverpool. Selling Suarez, and so far can't be sure of any of their buys. All a bit iffy. Also Gerrard is one year older and Sterling and Sturridge are going to get a lot closer attention from defences in the absence of Suarez.

Arsenal. My tip for City's strongest rival. I think they would have won the League last season had Ramsey stayed fit. If they get Sanchez, that will be a big boost for them. Ozil was ultimately disappointing, but may improve in his second season.

Chelsea. Fabregas was a good buy. I'm a bit surprised Barca were so keen to sell though. I think he might have a point to prove. Hazard hasn't had a good World Cup. They were very dependent on him last season. How is he going to respond? Is he going to carry on being inconsistent, or is he going to kick on? Zouma has to replace Luiz and maybe Terry. How will that go? Is Costa any good?
I don't see anyone else coming through so my prediction is:
Everton look like the best of the rest. last season they kicked on because of Barkley and Barry (not Martinez who I don't rate). I can't see them making a big enough improvement to break into the top 4. They nearly did it last season because Utd had a disastrous season and Arsenal had a lot of injuries to key players.

I think it will end up like this:.
City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Utd

MihaiCity said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
@BluePhil8 said:
How and why?

Lampard and Cole have left.

Fàbregas is a top player but a player who doesn't fit the Mourinho mould. It's a perplexing transfer.

Costa is the player they needed but they still have no one else up front apart from Hazard.

Liverpool without Suarez will be a good team but never a great team.

United have spent £60 million an a teenager and an unknown midfielder from Spain.

Arsenal have their thumb up their arse.

It boggles my mind how we are anything but favourites.

1033306_Chelsea.jpg

That VS This:
1034065_Manchester_City.jpg

as good as chelsea team will be our team will be the same and our stregh in the squad is as good if not better than them
They're only better in two positions, maybe three. I always underestimate our squad when going up against other top squads. I would only say they have a better Keeper and Left Wing, not sure about Vinny's partner and Cahill yet.

eastmanc said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Matty said:
The Liverpool lovefest, and the lack of media coverage of City's title run in last season was a source of continued annoyance for me. We were embroiled in a tight title race, which went down to the last day of the season, again, yet if you'd been dropped into Spring 2014 you'd have been hard pushed to realise that City were even in the hunt for the title, yet alone the side that would ultimately win the whole thing. If that's a measure of the way things will be if Liverpool are perennial title contenders then I, for one, hope they fall by the wayside early doors and that last season was an anomaly rather than an indicator of things to come.

The other thing is that even now media coverage of the last season talks about "free-scoring Liverpool" or "highly entertaining style", yet no one seems to mention that the champions not only outscored them, they conceded less, played better football (lots of team goals), and created a new English record for the most goals scored in all competitions. Its like the latter doesn't exist.

Why is this?
The journalists are fans of our rivals and can't put that bias to one side when submitting comment pieces. Look at the lovefest over Van Gaal the Redeemer already.

My favourite bias was the Mirror last week, listing every club's pre-season matches:

"The likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are getting ready to embark on their pre-season........"

We have a tough start to the season which will confirm the illusion of us being under strength,

There will need to be a lot of mental strength to pick ourselves up in October and lead a charge like last season- because no matter how well we play, with the fixtures we have, we'll be trailing most of our rivals come October.

King Geedorah said:
We have a tough start to the season which will confirm the illusion of us being under strength,

There will need to be a lot of mental strength to pick ourselves up in October and lead a charge like last season- because no matter how well we play, with the fixtures we have, we'll be trailing most of our rivals come October.

As long as City are ahead at the end of 38 games, who gives a flying one..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.