City being underestimated again ?

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Chelsea are favourites
How and why?

Lampard and Cole have left.

Fàbregas is a top player but a player who doesn't fit the Mourinho mould. It's a perplexing transfer.

Costa is the player they needed but they still have no one else up front apart from Hazard.

Liverpool without Suarez will be a good team but never a great team.

United have spent £60 million an a teenager and an unknown midfielder from Spain.

Arsenal have their thumb up their arse.

It boggles my mind how we are anything but favourites.

1033306_Chelsea.jpg

That VS This:
1034065_Manchester_City.jpg

as good as chelsea team will be our team will be the same and our stregh in the squad is as good if not better than them

andyhinch said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
For me, backing both City and Chelsea at 2/1 is the best 1/2 bet you will ever see, as it's nailed on that one of those teams will win it.
In fact I have a mate who has had a five figure bet/investment on just that outcome, only he got 9/4 the pair.
Has no one told him, it's going to be the dippers year this year & that LDV bloke at the swamp has had a trophy named after him so he must be good.

I'll pass your advice on mate when I see him at Haydock later - I doubt he'll be unduly worried.

Suits me if we are underestimated. We need to reduce the number of injuries to our key players. Our best signing would be a solution to this issue IMO.

My guess is that there will be a 5 way scrap for the top until Feb. Without Suarez I can't see the dippers maintaining a push when it counts. I like Lallana but so far their other signings fail to strengthen them. If they sign NDJ then I think they may stick around longer as their shaky back 4 will be better protected.

I would be very surprised if the rags are not significantly stronger this term. The manager there will get a further 25% out of the existing players and has started to assemble a squad with some good additions. He will also have more of an attacking outlook to their play which suits the players he has available.

If the Arse can address their lack of strikers they will push harder, although the loss of Sagna will hurt them as he has been a mainstay of their defence for the past few years.

Chelsea look to be building a strong squad capable of winning the title and I suspect they will be there at the end along with us. We will not be able to rely on them capitulating like the dippers last year either, the only way to beat Chelsea to the title next season will be to have a good start and maintain consistency throughout, as this is the hallmark of a Maureen side.

Our other issue to me is carrying players who do not want to be here. This situation needs to be resolved as it can only have a bad effect on the squad. Last year we seemed harmonious that in the end proved decisive.

Prediction

City
Chelsea
Rags
Arse

andyhinch said:
For me, backing both City and Chelsea at 2/1 is the best 1/2 bet you will ever see, as it's nailed on that one of those teams will win it.
In fact I have a mate who has had a five figure bet/investment on just that outcome, only he got 9/4 the pair.
Has no one told him, it's going to be the dippers year this year & that LDV bloke at the swamp has had a trophy named after him so he must be good.

I'll pass your advice on mate when I see him at Haydock later - I doubt he'll be unduly worried.
Enjoy yourself mate.

MihaiCity said:
@BluePhil8 said:
How and why?

Lampard and Cole have left.

Fàbregas is a top player but a player who doesn't fit the Mourinho mould. It's a perplexing transfer.

Costa is the player they needed but they still have no one else up front apart from Hazard.

Liverpool without Suarez will be a good team but never a great team.

United have spent £60 million an a teenager and an unknown midfielder from Spain.

Arsenal have their thumb up their arse.

It boggles my mind how we are anything but favourites.

1033306_Chelsea.jpg

That VS This:
1034065_Manchester_City.jpg

as good as chelsea team will be our team will be the same and our stregh in the squad is as good if not better than them
Mourinho will pick Willian ahead of Oscar. Willian was Chelsea's best and most hard working player last season IMO and i think Mourinhi thinks so too as he picked him every single week.

Chelsea 2/1, City 21/10, Liverpool 9/1 - after Chelsea's signings and the spare cash they have it is no wonder.

Chris in London said:
Well, if history is any guide, we should be encouraged.

The first season we won the league, we were relegated the next year.

The next time we won the league, we weren't relegated the next season but we finished mid table.

The next time we won the league after that, the next season we finished as runners up.

I am liking this upwards trend :)

EXCELENT!

It's obviously going to be Arsenal, because all the Arsenal fans said that if Ramsey hadn't got injured, they would've won it last year. Despite the fact that they picked up more points without him.

At the end of the season, someone posted a thread with all of the last pre-season predictions of over 40 famous pundits. Only about 5 went for us, and well over half went for Chelsea. Didn't stop half of them claiming at the end of the season that we should have easily won the league with the squad we had.

If only our opponents underestimated us as much, but I have a feeling they're not going to be as stupid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.