City - big club or not ?

Big enough for me !
Who cares what the sniping scousers & rags snide at all the time .
Just a load of jealous bastards .
Probably packed out with the tourist fans on match day at their home games .
We will be ok when our owners one day install retractable seating tier levels, when we have empty seats lol!

I really don't care what other clubs think...

I don't go on other fans websites, don't read HYS, only start watching a match on TV when it starts. It is much easier this way as these days trolls and keyboard warriors have such sad lives and people are much better just ignoring them

I don't care who leaves the ground early (as long as they don't have to pass me!) People are always jealous of success and will resort to bile without reason in response

We are living the dream long may it last!

You’ll never sing that
You’ll never sing thaaaaaaat
We‘ve got a noodle partner
You’ll never sing that

Try and prise the smile off my face you bitter twats…. You’ve got no chance and I’m loving your misery.

'Big club' is just media/London SE bubble/YouTube football talk as far as I'm concerned. It's hype over substance.

'Big club' means you've got the seal of approval from the type of Londoners who will tell you they don't even really associate the so-called 'big club' Red team with Manchester. And they don't mean it as an insult either.

But they do associate City with Manchester and Mancunians, so we're not in the 'big club' honorary London team/export product/might as well be KFC or Carlsberg club.

Which is a good thing. 'Big club' doesn't measure success, attendances, the breadth, depth and diversity of support you enjoy. It's just about the publicity you get from the bubble and shirts.

Liverpool fans cling to it because their city was long ago eclipsed by Manchester and they never win the Premier League. United fans cling to it because it's now all they have, but half of them are now quietly following City or wishing they could follow both Manchester sides like you could 100 years ago. The media cling to it because they see the north west Red teams as honorary London clubs and have done for a while.

'Big club' is such a ridiculous obsession. Even before the takeover we were a big club, and we had been shit for 30 years.

Consistently some of the biggest attendances in English football.
Consistently in the top tier of English football, with just the occasional relegation sprinkled in to keep things interesting.
Pretty sure we've won a trophy in every single decade of our existence except the 1980s.

Do one.

MASSIVE!
"The BEST team in all the land in all the world!"
And we've been singing that for a long time!

Every single club in the world is big to its fans. Success is a metric to rank teams. But "big" is just a way of the history boys making sure they're still relevant. They measure it on times of old and number of fans. We're the plastic club yet their fans are from all over the globe and will ditch them over the next couple of seasons as we continue to dominate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.