City - big club or not ?

It’s the most futile and pointless subject on earth. You could make an argument for virtually every team on earth being a “big club” And you could then make a valid argument as to why none of them are.

The fact that nobody in history has ever changed their mind that a club they’ve decided isn’t big, is big after all, shows the futility of it all.

The way I see it, City are one of the great historical northern football clubs. A "big" club like Villa, Newcastle, Wolves, Stoke, Everton etc. Until Liverpool's dominance in the 80s, and United's in the 90s, there's 10 or 15 clubs that could all attract 25k+ crowds, point to a rich and chequered history of titles, cups, promotions and relegations. But that wasn't enough for the Liverpool's and United's of the world. They wanted a bigger piece of the pie, and to fix it so that they would always be on top. Rather than it being embarassing for the league that a club like City needed to spend what they had to spend in 2008 to catch-up, they'd rather castigate us. Well fuck em. We are now dominating the 2010s and 2020s. Don't hate the player, hate the game, and you set the rules of the game.

The way I see it, City are one of the great historical northern football clubs. A "big" club like Villa, Newcastle, Wolves, Stoke, Everton etc. Until Liverpool's dominance in the 80s, and United's in the 90s, there's 10 or 15 clubs that could all attract 25k+ crowds, point to a rich and chequered history of titles, cups, promotions and relegations. But that wasn't enough for the Liverpool's and United's of the world. They wanted a bigger piece of the pie, and to fix it so that they would always be on top. Rather than it being embarassing for the league that a club like City needed to spend what they had to spend in 2008 to catch-up, they'd rather castigate us. Well fuck em. We are now dominating the 2010s and 2020s. Don't hate the player, hate the game, and you set the rules of the game.
Stoke a big club ??
Now you really are taking the piss!!!
( One trophy in their entire history and that was exactly 50 years ago).
And they have spent a very long time outside the top division.

Pretty sure than Man U is a far bigger club.

I mean look... they just recently won the P/L title 4 times in the last few years; won the FA and League cups multiple times in recently; are fun to watch with exciting dynamic football...

Oh wait...

I may have confused the Scum with the World's best football squad.

Fuck off Scum! LOL!!!

Dont-think-big-think-massive.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.