City - big club or not ?

Clearly you have not been listening to Simon Jordan the font of all football wisdom and knowledge. We are a frankinstein football club, an artificial construct. And has such should never have the temerity to challenge the red tops for the games honours.

This is a simple one to answer. Define what criteria make a 'big club' and then decide if City meet those parameters.

If I had to define the criteria it would simply come down to regularly winning trophies in a country where the football is recognised as being up there with the best in the world.

You could perhaps make a case from a financial standpoint, and then the likes of the Rags come into play, but by my criteria they are nothing more than a global brand that generates a vast amount of revenue. When we play them, or the Dippers play them, they get ripped to pieces. Financially they are big, performance wise they are little more than a footnote.

Personally don't give a shit

Was told we weren't a big club the other day and I replied 'OK right'

You don't get a trophy for it

I would rather be a small club winning trophies in Manchester, than a big club in Salford, Leeds, Birmingham, Nottingham or wherever winning nothing at all

To be the biggest means that everyone agrees on many criteria

That'll never happen..

Ickle city are the 'best' for me... the bigger they are,the harder they fall.

Clearly you have not been listening to Simon Jordan the font of all football wisdom and knowledge. We are a frankinstein football club, an artificial construct. And has such should never have the temerity to challenge the red tops for the games honours.
We’ve ruined Simon Jordan’s life, we literally live in his head, it doesn’t matter what football club he attempts to discuss he always comes back to denigrate us, it’s unbelievable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.