City - big club or not ?

What's actually wrong with being a small club though?
I don’t know, ask a fan of a small club, I’d have no idea what it would be like and wouldn’t have been able to tell you being a City fan before 2008 neither.

Needs updating but relevant….

Interestingly, for all those City knockers claiming we have no history, we are 6th in "seasons in top division" table with 91 seasons out of 121

Only Everton 117, Villa 106, Liverpool 105, Arsenal 103 and the rags 95 have more than us

Biggest ever attendance was city v stoke at maine road,and was only beaten by spurs because they were playing at wembley,there all full of shit,city are a huge club and growing so fast aswell since the recent success,there just bitter fucks and wud love nothin more than to be in our position

We’re currently the biggest club in world football. Hated by the previous incarnations, loved by the many, even our biggest detractors want us to beat the scum.

They all know who is the best, none will ever admit that they want to live in our shoes.

We are truly blessed ……… said the Pope.

And so fucking what....

I dont know if this has been covered before but I dont get the obsession of being a "Big Club", what exactly does it mean? Having a large number of supporters from over seas and selling out every game? That seems to be only real things I can see it meaning.

We're a local club with a growing amount of foreign supporters which will grow more and more, we dont sell out every game because it takes several generations of success for more and more kids to support you and then be able to sell out bigger grounds, I don't really care about it, all I care about is us being successful. I dont get the "small club" trope, its the first thing anyone says about us, I'd much sooner be a small club who is successful rather than a "Big Club" struggling. Then there is the argument that when clubs are talked about as being "big" when they have won the European Cup, such as Nottingham, Villa, I certainly wouldn't want to swap positions with any of them.

Maybe in a couple of decades we will be deemed a "Big club" by other fans but if not, who gives a shit, I'm incredibly proud of our club and our achievements either way!
We’re one of 9 big English clubs, and that doesn’t include Leeds or Forest. They’re in the next tier.

Biggest ever attendance was city v stoke at maine road,and was only beaten by spurs because they were playing at wembley,there all full of shit,city are a huge club and growing so fast aswell since the recent success,there just bitter fucks and wud love nothin more than to be in our position
I didn't think City were a small club when I watched a midweek FA Cup replay against Newcastle in 1969 with more than 60,000 fans inside Maine Road or when we won our first European trophy a year later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.