City blogger mistake?

paulchapo

Having withdrawal symptoms already,lol,i went onto the main site and read some of the excerts from the City bloggers.One,BlueWolf1894 was recalling our history and said,

''The first and last time City fielded an all English side was … well, never. Even in the 1890s we had Scottish and Welsh peoples. In the season of 1895-96 our usual starting line-up had more Scotsmen than any other nationality. Manchester City: ruining England’s chances since 1894.''

I am sure we won the FA cup in 1969 with an all English side,including the manager and substitues, as follows:

Manchester City

GK 1 Harry Dowd
RB 2 Tony Book (c)
LB 3 Glyn Pardoe
CB 4 Mike Doyle
CB 5 Tommy Booth
CM 6 Alan Oakes
RW 7 Mike Summerbee
CM 8 Colin Bell
FW 9 Francis Lee
FW 10 Neil Young
LW 11 Tony Coleman
Substitutes:
DF 12 David Connor
Manager:
Joe Mercer

paulchapo said:
Having withdrawal symptoms already,lol,i went onto the main site and read some of the excerts from the City bloggers.One,BlueWolf1894 was recalling our history and said,

''The first and last time City fielded an all English side was … well, never. Even in the 1890s we had Scottish and Welsh peoples. In the season of 1895-96 our usual starting line-up had more Scotsmen than any other nationality. Manchester City: ruining England’s chances since 1894.''

I am sure we won the FA cup in 1969 with an all English side,including the manager and substitues, as follows:

Manchester City

GK 1 Harry Dowd
RB 2 Tony Book (c)
LB 3 Glyn Pardoe
CB 4 Mike Doyle
CB 5 Tommy Booth
CM 6 Alan Oakes
RW 7 Mike Summerbee
CM 8 Colin Bell
FW 9 Francis Lee
FW 10 Neil Young
LW 11 Tony Coleman
Substitutes:
DF 12 David Connor
Manager:
Joe Mercer

And the title in 1968 too

Manx Blue said:
paulchapo said:

Manchester City

GK 1 Harry Dowd
RB 2 Tony Book (c)
LB 3 Glyn Pardoe
CB 4 Mike Doyle
CB 5 Tommy Booth
CM 6 Alan Oakes
RW 7 Mike Summerbee
CM 8 Colin Bell
FW 9 Francis Lee
FW 10 Neil Young
LW 11 Tony Coleman
Substitutes:
DF 12 David Connor
Manager:
Joe Mercer

In the main. I'm sure Bobby Kennedy made the odd few sub appearances that season.

I'm no cynic said:
Manx Blue said:
paulchapo said:

Manchester City

GK 1 Harry Dowd
RB 2 Tony Book (c)
LB 3 Glyn Pardoe
CB 4 Mike Doyle
CB 5 Tommy Booth
CM 6 Alan Oakes
RW 7 Mike Summerbee
CM 8 Colin Bell
FW 9 Francis Lee
FW 10 Neil Young
LW 11 Tony Coleman
Substitutes:
DF 12 David Connor
Manager:
Joe Mercer

In the main. I'm sure Bobby Kennedy made the odd few sub appearances that season.

His take was we have never fielded an all English side when clearly we have on numerous occasions.

goater1978 said:
What's the world coming to when someone as respected as bluewolf1894 makes a mistake?

Ha ha,well i didn't go looking for it but as an official blogger for the club it was a bit of a glaring one!

Bluewonder said:
I think he's being facetious

Possibly,but i stumbled on it by accident while reading the blogs,i am suprised nobody on the website noticed it.

Everyone makes mistakes. Sky made a good one on Sunday. When Rotherham went 2-0 down they declared that no team had ever come back from a two goal deficit in a league one play off final.

Hi, guys.

What I meant was the season. Bobby Kennedy popped his head in 4 times, and he was the only non-English person in the squad at the time - he didn't get a medal though (serves him right for being Scottish).

And, yes, I have been very facetious all season long, to the point I was amazed at what City let me get away with, although the City censors did come down hard on me on several occasions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.